Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2008, 04:43 AM   #1
nickandmarilyn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5229
water pump stays on

To overcome the cold weather, I filled the water tank and then as instructed opened the faucets and turned on the water pump. When all faucets were flowing, I turned them off and the water pump just keeps running. Any and all thoughts appreciated.
Nick

nickandmarilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:52 AM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Check all fittings for a leak!!!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:44 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Sometimes we have to run more water than that through there, there is a air bubble or something that has to work its way out. Keep running the pump, the sound/noise changes as the air bubble wiggles around in there. The flow will actually diminish, then will increase significantly. When the sound changes again (it will get softer, then louder) and the flow increases, then, the pump will actually shut off.

AND check for leaks, as Waynem points out.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:12 AM   #4
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
When you put water in your tank did you put the hose in the outside fill port or did you use the tank by pass to fill ,if you used the bypass did you put it back to normal position. Just a thought.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:21 AM   #5
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Yes I had the same problem. Out in your "docking station" where you hook up to water and the water valve switches are check your "TANK FILL POWER FRESH" valve is in the normal position. If you are hooked up to city water you move it to fill to fill your fresh water tank from the inside plumbing. If you are running off the inside pump it is just moving water from your holding tank into your supply lines and back into the holding tank trying to fill it. I know cause I claimed it was broke at the PDI until the Tech set me straight. LOL.

Good luck.
Cheers,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:47 AM   #6
nickandmarilyn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5229
YES, all I had to do was move the tab at the fresh water fill back to the vertical position and problem solved.
Much thanks. Nick
nickandmarilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:02 AM   #7
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I also have done this. Scary when it happens as your first thought is a severe plumbing problem. I was really relieved to discover the cause was only stupidity... again.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:39 AM   #8
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
John, I guess I need to read some more on the h20 system. You say it is possible to fill your onboard water tank by switching the outside valve to fill. I must admit I did not know this. GEEEEEEZZZZZEEEEEEE!!!! As Homer would say "DUH!"
I have always used the hose from the outside faucet. Glad this came up..... I think what I have here is a failure to learn....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 03:39 PM   #9
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
And if you forget to turn the water off when you use the control center fill, the water will come out the outside fill.

Of course, that means it's full and you can shut it off!!!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:22 PM   #10
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
and of course, when it is below freezing, you can make some really nice icicles when the water comes out of the overflow.....
Bernie
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:57 AM   #11
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by H. John Kohl

Yes I had the same problem. Out in your "docking station" where you hook up to water and the water valve switches are check your "TANK FILL POWER FRESH" valve is in the normal position. If you are hooked up to city water you move it to fill to fill your fresh water tank from the inside plumbing. If you are running off the inside pump it is just moving water from your holding tank into your supply lines and back into the holding tank trying to fill it. I know cause I claimed it was broke at the PDI until the Tech set me straight. LOL.

Good luck.
Cheers,
I don't have a City Water Supply like that.
G McCall is offline   Reply With Quote