Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
Jim B
Established Member

M.O.C. #1566
Bedroom slide out

During the winter I remove the battery. Last year and this year I have noticed that the bedroom slide creeps out on the bottom. I have had to put the battery back in to bring the slide back in. This has happened twice this winter. This doesn't happen in the summer with the battery installed. I have also disconnected the battery in the summer when the trailer was not going to be used for a month or so. Still the slide out didn't move. Has anyone else had this problem and is so what was your corrective action?

Jim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:23 PM   #2
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Ours started doing that a month or so ago. I call the dealership and the tech said it needed adjustment
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:25 PM   #3
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Jim after you bring the slides in do you close all the valves on the manafold? if not the manufacture recomends that you do and if the slid still creeps out then you might have a leak in one of the hydrolic lines allowing that to happen.
Good luck.
TT2
Old 01-30-2008, 01:15 PM   #4
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Another possibility is your slide cylinder is leaking ever so slowly past its piston seal. In colder winter months the seal becomes a little less pliable ... thus the difference between summer and winter. If your unit isn't too old, the cylinder may be still covered under the Lippert warranty.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:08 AM   #5
Jim B
Established Member

M.O.C. #1566
Thanks for all the info. I do not have any valves to close off. I only have two slides, I am not sure if a unit with more then two slides have manifold valves. I also think it could be the actuator leaking by the piston. I have had this unit since it was new and have not ever had to add any fluid, so I don't believe I have an external leak anyway. Come spring I will check into getting a new actuator. Once again thanks for all the info. Have a healthy and happy year.
Jim B is offline   Reply With Quote