Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2006, 12:50 PM   #1
gbsb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5015
Furnace

I have a 2003 3670 RL. I have been having trouble with my furnace. I read in past post that by turning off or removing the fuse it would reset the furnace. I tried that and,tapped on the side of unit to maybe knock any dust lose. the furnace came on ran fine, but when thermostat shut it off, that was it would not come back on with out reset, fan comes on and runs but no burners, or heat. Pulled furnace out today looked at all connections all wires even removed the control card, all looked like new no rust no corrosion. reinstalled unit, connected gas line and all wiring . Turned unit on came on worked perfect. Warmed us up from 49 degrees to 70 degrees. Themostat shut it off. Cooled down in the home and furnace came back on no heat blower only. HELP!!! Sorry for the long post but any help really would be greatly appreciated. seems everything is breaking all at once, first the refridgerator only runs on gas, a bad control card won't let it switch to electric. now the furnace. hope this not a trend setting up Thanks agin

gbsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 12:59 PM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
It could be a faulty sail switch inside the furnace that the blower blows on to switch on the propane. That was our difficulty in 2001 on our rig. The sail switch collected grime and was intermittent. Since replacement, it has happened once and an RV technician said that the way to fix it was to rap on the side of the furnace with a rubber mallet! Before you jump on me about this, what he told me is that this has a tendency to knock the dirt and dust off the sail and the switch will operate properly. We rapped the side of the furnace with a rubber mallet and "voila", the furnace has operated without malfunctioning for 3 years now.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 03:34 PM   #3
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Could possibly low gas pressure, (the furnace takes more gas than the other appliances). Try switching tanks, especially if you are running on the tank farthest from the regulator. If that cures the problem, you may have accidently caused the excess flow valve to operate. To fix that, disconnect the tank to relive pressure, then reconnect and open the tank valve just a crack to build up pressure in the cross over pipe slowly, then open all the way.

(There could be many other causes, this just one that is fairly easy to check for and cure).

Good luck!

OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 10:35 PM   #4
gbsb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5015
Thanks for the info I will remove furnace agin and replace the sail swith and see what happens. I'll also check the tanks for the shut off valve. Agin thanks for the input, I hope all have a great and happy new year. from Texas GBSB
gbsb is offline   Reply With Quote