Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2011, 03:31 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
When that girl Texting, finally runs over you

When I was checking the bar inventory on South padre Island, riding my bike from beach bar to beach bar, just making sure they were operating properly, I says to myself "Hershel, you are 1,000 from the Casa, Sue, although only a few miles away, might as well be on the Moon". What would happen to me if that girl runs over me and I am not able to talk..well dead.
So, I started carrying a note with her phone number, our RV site and the Truck plate number and description. I would update the note when we relocated. I have read that emergency response folks look in pockets, wallets and cell phones for contact info in cases like this.
Some mentioned I.C.E. I'm case of emergency I guess. But Sue is listed in my phone as 'Sue'.. I haven't figured out how to change that yet, maybe erase 'Sue' and put the ICE deal.
What do you folks do? And, for those of you that don't do anything, think about it.
Ozz

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:47 AM   #2
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
A very good idea Jim. That's something we used to do and sort of fell out of the habit. I just added ICE to my phone and will be adding the info to my wallet. Thanks for the heads up
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:48 AM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Ozz,
I suggest you enter Sue's number again and this time put I.C.E. Wife instead of her name. On my phone you can edit the name associated with the phone number. Your slip of paper is a great idea too. I just forget to do it. CRS.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:57 AM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Yes John, I did that just a few minutes ago. When we hit the road, I will keep updated notes.
We MOC folks like to look after each other
Old 04-09-2011, 06:03 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I have a handheld GPS I use when I am way off the beaten path and it has a banner page with my ICE stuff. How dumb that I haven't done this with my phone wandering around the city where there's even more chance of a happenstance. I guess I'll have to fix that. I'll have to put one of those Emergency Cards you get with a new wallet. Oops, I can't find that card. I musta thrown it away. Time to get a new wallet.

Thanks for the reminder Ozz.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:14 AM   #6
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Just a added note....

The three of us also carry a list in our wallet with all the medications, dozes and any important procedures/implants we have had done. Jennifer also has a medic alert charm attached to her watch.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:38 AM   #7
nosticks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10378
Yep, I carry with me at all times a plastic laminated information card giving all details including my health care surrogate, (person pre-authorized to pull the plug), cell phone numbers, other emergency contacts, health care provider info and severe allergic reactions like penicillin etc. where my will of record can be located, and next of kin. You never know when some well meaning medical jerk is going to stuff a feed tube into your brain dead body and create another national incident of which judge has enough of a set to issue a pull the plug order, and that can go on for years. Really, it is a very good idea. I do this and also have it in my ICE on my phone in case it is working at the time they discover me.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:47 AM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Good tip Dave, I copied your post for further action
Old 04-09-2011, 08:10 AM   #9
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Good thread Ozz. Dave, sounds like you have the bases covered. I do keep ICE in my cell phone and a emergency contact card in my wallet. DW has the same.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:36 AM   #10
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
Since I have a pace-maker and take Coumadin, I have a medic-alert bracelet that lists pace-maker, meds, and allergies on the outside. On the underside, I have my wife's name, cell phone number, and home phone number. The bracelet never comes off.

Now, if I can figure out how not to get lost....
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:29 PM   #11
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Well Jim, I figure, "there you be." So I pick up the phone you dropped, look at the entries, and say to the barkeep, "This guy wants more ICE for his drink." So there you go.

Honestly, I have ICE Home, ICE Mobile, and ICE Kid in mine. They can pick which ever they want and I figure the others will get the word.

Best thing is, don't let it happen.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #12
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
I've got four ICE numbers on my cell incase they do not get ahold of the DW they call the others and go from there! I live the laminated card and the idea of keeping a note in the pocket is also great idea!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:42 PM   #13
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
I have the same thing as wayne home,DW cell, oldest son cell. I think I will change the home to another cell alot of times there is no one at the house besides everyone has a cell now. just my 02. cent.
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #14
patbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11268
Y'all have gotten me worried now. Even though I have no one to call, I guess I at least need to find that Medic Alert bracelet I took off when I built my garden last month!

Pat
patbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:34 AM   #15
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by patbarton

Y'all have gotten me worried now. Even though I have no one to call, I guess I at least need to find that Medic Alert bracelet I took off when I built my garden last month!

Pat
Ha! Pat you must have someone to call, and that bracelet may sprout with tiny little bracelets if you fertilize and water..
Old 04-11-2011, 11:37 AM   #16
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I posted in another area, but in case you missed it.

If you precede the ICE with a special character, like -, +, &, =, the numbers will appear at the beginning of the phone book on your cell. It makes it easier to find and call.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:57 AM   #17
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Waynem

I posted in another area, but in case you missed it.

If you precede the ICE with a special character, like -, +, &, =, the numbers will appear at the beginning of the phone book on your cell. It makes it easier to find and call.
Thanks! You constantly amaze me...and Frighten me a little as well
I will implement that forthwith..