Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2008, 07:17 AM   #21
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
We nearly had a drawer/slide disaster the first month we owned our Monty. Luckily, I heard an odd sound as the sofa/table/chairs slide was coming in, so I took my finger off the slide button immediately and looked around for the problem. After climbing over the table and peering around the end of the slide, I discovered the large drawer under the fridge had opened, and the slider was hanging on it. Luckily, we only lost a splinter or two from the drawer and were able to put back in place a piece of wood trim on the slidere.

We've tightened the catch on the drawer, but that really didn't help; it did make it hard as the dickens to open the drawer by hand, though! There's nothing to bungee that drawer to as we travel, so I've resorted to using duct tape to hold it securely. However, we're making our monthly 100-mile run to Wally World tomorrow for the necessities of life (food and Angel Soft TP), so I'll pick up some of those child-proof cabinet/drawer locks and put one on that drawer. That will be much better than dealing with tape and the residue that remains when it's removed.

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:56 AM   #22
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
I had two drawers at the back of my MH that would come open whenever I hit a good bump. These were the type with the notched rails that were supposed to hold them in place. To open you would have to pull up slightly. Well after getting the dealer to replace my "Kill a fly with an A-bomb" attitude kicked in and I installed desk drawer locks on both of them. I would leave the keys in the locks when parked at the CG but would hang them on my key pegs when traveling. This insured I had checked they were locked.
Now that I have been alerted to the problem I have been looking for a better solution than defacing cabinet drawers with locks. Here is one that has potential.

Please use the short version of the links. Go to Geek Squad section if you don't know the code. Thanks. RVWheels

http://www.rev-a-shelf.com/Common/Products.aspx?Class=
Sink%20&%20Base%20Accessories&Family=
White%20Accessories&Category=Rev-A-Lock%
20Security%20System&Series=RL%20
Series&Partno=RAL-101-1
MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote