Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2007, 08:04 AM   #1
jerrybb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6198
3500 RL TV Removal

I know I have seen the answer to my question here before ,,, how do you remove the Factory installed living room TV ? Something about a long screw ?? Thanks for any info !

jerrybb

jerrybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:34 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
jerry, that long screw is hid under a button in the center of the two cabinet doors.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:12 AM   #3
Powerwagon
Established Member

M.O.C. #7084
Jerry
I have a 3500RL with a fireplace under the TV(don't know if you have one) and I asked that question during my walk through. I was told to remove the four screws on the fireplace to remove the fireplace frame and the TV was anchored from underneath.
Powerwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:53 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Jerry, to get that picture in your signature to show you need that same img tag in front of the url but leave out the slash. [ followed by IMG followed by ] in other words.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:35 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Jerry
You received two answers and you need both of them. The TV is anchored both at the tope and at the bottom. Take out the plug in the top cabinet, unscrew that screw, take out the middle speaker, unscrew the long screw into the TV. Then pop the 4 plus on the corners of the fireplacr, remove those screws, pull the fireplace out and unscrew the screw that go up into the bottom of the TV. This is a bit of work so I hope what you are after is worth it.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:08 PM   #6
jerrybb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6198
What I am trying to do is find a coax splitter that is preventing my satellite signal from going thru to my tv's , any ideas ? (None Behind the Tv or fireplace ) Thanks
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jerrybb

I know I have seen the answer to my question here before ,,, how do you remove the Factory installed living room TV ? Something about a long screw ?? Thanks for any info !

jerrybb
Old 05-15-2007, 07:22 AM   #7
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
Have you tried turning off the TV antenna booster? Often that prevents cable or sat signals from reaching the TV.
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:03 AM   #8
jerrybb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6198
Well I got it all figured out , wiring a little tricky , but my satellite system is working on both tv's ,,,, Now all I need is get my generator connected and we'll be ready to roll ! Thanks ,,,,,,
Old 05-17-2007, 08:04 AM   #9
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Jerry,
Can you tell us what you did. I managed to get satellite working in LR, but not in BR. Amazingly through luck though, the antenna with the booster is working in the bedroom while the sat is working in the living room. Can you use two receivers to watch different channels or are you limited to the one feed.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:01 AM   #10
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Bingo, our bedroom works on the antenna when the LR is hooked up to satellite. We do that on purpose so we can get local weather reports. When we use both receivers we pull the cable through the bedroom window. Our dish has the double thingy. Actually we also have a 4 thingy which is suppose to be ready for HD. We will probably make a permanent connection after we start full timing. These little modifications do take time and right now getting things packed, sold, sorted, etc. have taken up our time. After a lot of trial and error, we found the 3 ways to change the cables in the entertainment cupboard and we wrote them down and leave the list in the cupboard. I plan to devise a switching panel because it is a pain to change the cables all the time.
Happy trails...................
Old 05-17-2007, 09:20 AM   #11
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Mine only has the one thingy!! I thought about the flat coax connector and coming throught the window after a splitter. I think I could only use 1 receiver at a time??? that way though. Seems like I remember Bsmeaton or someone getting the bedroom to work the same as the living room, I don't understand the wiring. Any chance of sharing your note, maybe I can figure it out from there. I think what I did was attached the input to the receiver to the the top coax connector, the output to the factory installed splitter, which I though split the signal between the two TV's but I must be wrong. Still have the problem with the uppermost electrical outlet not working so I can't hook three things up in the cabinet, what a pain, but regardless, we are enjoying our fifth week in the second stay beyond a doubt. New toys are definitely fun to play with.

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:28 AM   #12
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Bingo
I'll go out and get my list this afternoon and post it. I need to put in on my computer anyway just in case I loose it. The splitter on ours gives the TV one feed and the DVD player the other for FM.
Happy trails........................
Old 05-17-2007, 04:47 PM   #13
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
My diagram doesn't post. There are three coaxial receivers on the back wall of the entertainment cupboard. Top one is #1, middle #2 and the bottom one #3.
This is how ours works. Others may be different.

For Cable:
The coaxial cable from the splitter that goes down to the TV goes into #1. The loop goes into #2 and #3. This will feed the bedroom TV for cable also.

For Direct TV:
Hook up coaxial to #2 and then to Direct TV receiver (SAT in). Hook coaxial cable from splitter that goes to TV to the Direct TV receiver (Out to TV). We hook up a separate receiver for the bedroom or use the antenna in there Be sure the TV is on Channel 3 or whatever channel your receiver is set for.

For Antenna:
The loop is not used because the bedroom works directly from the antenna. Hook up cable from splitter that goes to TV to #3. However be sure you have changed your TV's to run on antenna as opposed to cable.
Hope this helps you. It took us several trips to get this down. The first 9 months all we had was satellite and then we started traveling.
Happy trails.....................

Old 05-17-2007, 08:16 PM   #14
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
A week ago I setup my Dish Network antenna and receiver. Once I got it working, I ran the dish antenna coax to the Satellite/Cable input inside the distribution panel on the outside of the 5er. Inside the 5er, in the entertainment cabinet is the wall receiptical with two coax connectors and a short coax cable loop. The bottom connector came from the distribution panel. I ran a coax cable from there to the Satellite receiver.(Sat Antenna RF Input) I ran a 2nd cable from the Sat Rcvr(RF Out to TV) to the top wall coax connector(which goes to the bedroom TV and outside batwing off air antenna and amplifier) I then ran a composite RCA cable(video & audio LR) to the Video 1 Input on the LvRm TV.

In summary, I have satellite TV on LvRm TV Video 1 and the same satellite channel on the BdRm TV channel 3. For local off the air TV, the amplifier has to be ON and then you can watch it on either TV. Hope this helps.

Sue you mentioned making a "switching panel". Here is one from CW for $89. The price isn't to bad. http://tinyurl.com/yuy3k5
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:51 AM   #15
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Thanks for the info, in playing around with the connections last night (during glares from DW because Reba was on), I managed to get the locals on antenna to work on the living room TV (using the antenna jack on the back of the receiver. Directv is still working on Channel 3, to get locals I just turn the receiver off and then use the TV remote to change antenna channels. Antenna is still working on bedroom TV, but I still have not managed to get the directv signal back there. I will look tonight and give the numbered hookups per Parrotheads nomenclature. Hopefully assistance will continue coming from the forum and I will be able to figure this out.
Bingo

Old 05-18-2007, 08:48 AM   #16
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
I forgot to mention that I have an A/B switch on the bedroom so we can switch between antenna and satellite without unhooking cables. Also here in the stick house we have 4 TV's and 2 receivers. On the cable that comes from the receiver I installed a splitter then ran a cable to each of 2 TV's. It works great. I would think you could do the same thing in the Monty if you just have the one receiver.
Happy trails...................
Old 05-18-2007, 08:57 AM   #17
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I must be thinking along the right lines then, the next thing I was going to try was a splitter. Won't matter next week as Monty will be in storage resting up after 5 weeks of hard work housing of 4. After resting we are off to Elkins, WV where they have cable anyway, but all of this info will be good for the future. Thanks for every ones help, now if I just get that blasted outlet to work, might have to buy a cheap multi-strip until dealer can look at it.
Bingo

Old 05-18-2007, 11:04 AM   #18
jerrybb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6198
Yes . I have Dish Satellite system ,,, a control box for two rooms ,, comes with 2 remotes ,,, in my 3500 RL the cabinet over the TV has a box there is a box with two coax connectors ,, and are jumpered togehter with a piece of wire ,,, take the jumper of ,, the top one is a direct line from the main connection on the unit ,,, the other one goes to the front ,,, after the sate signal leaves the box you can do what you want to split it ,, but you cannot split the satellite signal with a regular splitter , it has to be a special one . Hope this helps ??
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

Jerry,
Can you tell us what you did. I managed to get satellite working in LR, but not in BR. Amazingly through luck though, the antenna with the booster is working in the bedroom while the sat is working in the living room. Can you use two receivers to watch different channels or are you limited to the one feed.
Bingo
Old 05-18-2007, 01:37 PM   #19
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Jerry, I have mine done with a regular splitter, Still get great picture.
Happy trails....................
Old 05-19-2007, 02:05 AM   #20
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
To muddy the clear waters, I have sat receiver connected to the top coax (#1), nothing to #2, and antenna connection on receiver to #3. Logic would tell me that if I split the signal coming out of the receiver and connect it to either 2 or 3, then I should get the same channel in the bedroom.