Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2007, 06:20 AM   #1
Koerb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6445
Replacing exsisting Thermostat

Having a 05 3400RL has me dealing with the "Remote Control" Thermostat which I'm hating at the present moment. I'm using the heater to keep the Monty winterize but when I try to set the thermostat it will not go below 50! (Trying to save some propane by setting it around the 40 degree mark) I've tried the reset procedures but still no luck. Any sugestions on a replacement type thermostat that is compatable and digital? Thank You.

John

Koerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:36 AM   #2
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
I'm not familiar with the 3400RL, but you might check this out; http://www.geocities.com/fulltimedre...m_upgrade.html The first night we were in our Mountaineer, I decided the analog thermostat had to go. I had a Hunter programmable thermostat that I found compatible with the Duo Therm unit. It will go down to 40* F. We don't have the 2 speed fan anymore, but that's no problem. If we decide we need that function later on, I'll add a switch for it. The Hunter was a great improvement for us.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:01 PM   #3
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Do a search on remote themostat. It was the most discussed (and cussed) thread ever. There is only one way out of your situation. You have to convince your dealer to tell Dometic that it is defective. They will probably run you through some hoops, but eventually, with persistance, they will provide their "Comfort Control Center" as a replacement. This is the only replacement that will work with the wiring that is installed. You have to replace both the wall unit and the circuit board in the A/C. It is not that hare, lots of people have done this. You are not alone!
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:52 PM   #4
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
John,

I bought the Hunter thermostat described in the link, but never installed it. You can have it if you think it will work (PM me). Unfortunately, I think the wiring for the remote thermostat is far more sophisticated than this thermostat will handle, judging from the ribbon cable that feeds it.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote