Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2014, 06:02 PM   #1
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
Send a message via MSN to grayghost03
Have New Awning Lights.......

They cost a bunch, but came with a 2015 Montana Mountaineer 356TBF, attached, guess you have to have a power source. Actually my PDI on this new one took 15 hours over 10 days. All tanks filled and let stand for a couple of days, ran 12volt and shore water system for 4.5 hours. Check all drain(under counters) in kitchen(s) and both bathrooms. Brought refrigerator up to temp on power and gas, over a four day period, ran both AC units around the clock for 2 days. Ran hot water heater on both electric and gas. Furnace check, it works, but at 100+ degrees here, I didn't test it much. Ran all 4 Fantastic fans, several hours each. We check all connections in Breaker/Fuse panel, checked every wire under the cap, behind fireplace. Check all hydraulic connections that we could get to. Slide were open and closed, I don't know how many times. We went thru the SRE4100 suspension, check U bolt torque(they did need to be torqued). Yep, when you live less then a 1/2 mile from the dealer and are good friends with the family that owns the dealership, you can take all the time you want. And today I brought it home. The really positive note of checking and being in it so much, I KNOW WHERE THE LIGHT SWITCHES ARE. I think I did my job and the guys at the dealership did theirs. Just hoping Keystone did theirs. And for those of you that are thinking "A BunkHouse" yep. We are converting the bunkhouse area into a sewing/craft room. Thanks for your information, I tried to remember all the things discussed here. We had the 30" Microwave replaced with a 30" Micro/Convection and couch with theater seating.

grayghost03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:58 AM   #2
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
We thought about getting a bunk house model to do what you are, but opted for a regular floor plan. We've decided to remove the couch (not comfortable anyway) and use that space for a couple of her sewing machines, etc. My stuff makes wood chips & dust so it goes in the basement & outside.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:05 AM   #3
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
My dealer puts every unit they sell thru a Dealer PDI very much like what you did to yours before they have the customer do another one. I have bought 2 Montys from them and have only had about 2 minor problems that showed up later.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:07 AM   #4
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
Walt, that is what our first plan was, remove couch and put sewing set up there. I think it will work out well for you. I had actually ordered the theater seating for just that mod in our HC. But the more I looked and the more we talked about the bunkhouse.............well, there is a new one parked out front. And factory installed Awning LED's to boot
Old 07-04-2014, 03:17 AM   #5
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WeBeFulltime

My dealer puts every unit they sell thru a Dealer PDI very much like what you did to yours before they have the customer do another one. I have bought 2 Montys from them and have only had about 2 minor problems that showed up later.
As I mentioned, I am friends with the owner. I did this PDI in conjunction with them, heck, without their cooperation, I couldn't have done this. I don't blame em, it was used by the time I finished the check out. They were great, they swapped my tires over to the new one, moved my quad steps over to the new unit (dang the 3 steps are high), Swapped Microwave out. Removed couches(2), install theater seating. They threw in 4 fantastic air vent covers. Heck, living only half a mile from the dealer, you know I am a good customer.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:21 AM   #6
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Congrats on the new rig, sounds like you should have pretty easy going from here. I would be really interested to see your bunkhouse conversion to a sewing/quilting room. My Dw Maureen is a crazy quilter and so far has taken over all the Centre section of our from closet. With a little work we made it work for her sewing machine and she has plenty of storage in the new Centre console area up there plus the laundry bin. It's a good thing the new Montana bedrooms have so much more storage. As for the longcarm quilting machine there is no way I can figure how to take that along. Keep us posted and above all ENJOY!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:08 AM   #7
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Congrats on the new rig! Sounds like you really took your time on the PDI. We spent 2 days in ours at the dealership but none of the minor issues that have came up this first several months showed up right away. (1) exit window latch broke off (2) propane regulator defective (3) clothes rod pulled out of ceiling (4) PEX pipe under sink scored with knife at factory and burst later. I took the advise of DQDick and others on the forum after I bought this second Montana. I purchased four of the water sensor alarms. We only paid about $8.00 each for them. One is on the floor behind the toilet, one under the bathroom sink, one next to washer drain/service, and one under kitchen sink. The one under the kitchen sink alerted us to the leaking damaged PEX and prevented damage a second time.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:27 AM   #8
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
JandC, yep, we will be on the lookout for all those things that show up with a little use, or a lot of use. Water detectors, are great advice, will do, thanks. I did test all fantastic fans rain sensors before installing the covers
DarMar: I will post pictures once we get the sewing tables in. I can relate, wife has 3 machines, including a embroidery machine. Right now the plan is to install permanent desk high sewing table (6 feet) with 3 draw cabinets under each end. Then a 7 foot table across the back, that can be deployed when the slides are out. She has already claimed the rear 1/2 bath as hers(if mama happy....)
For what its worth, I didn't even know the LED lighting was even install under the under awning for the first 5 days, until we did the check out on the awning and outside kitchen.
During the long PDI, we adjusted numerous cabinet latches(replaced 2), Trailer has 2 black tanks, and 2 grey water tanks, two separate dump ports (always wondered what those "Y" hose connectors were for. This morning has be busy, installing compressor and sleep number bed, preparing tie downs in understorage, installing fishing rod holders, Etc. Wife busy lining cabinets and draws with non slip. A great way to spend the 4th of July.