Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2014, 06:47 AM   #21
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
PackerFan,

IF you try less, please let us know if you feel it is as effective.

I have always been happy with a lessor amount, but, maybe I am not using enough??

Thanks!!

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:31 PM   #22
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
John it all depends on which you use. Concentrated liquid= 1-2 capfuls, powdered= one cupful. If it doesn't work for you, start to play with the usage until you come up with what you like best. We use a capful of liquid Calgon and one scoop of Happy Camper. To tell you the truth, I think Happy Camper has the powdered Calgon in its formula but can't prove it! Happy Camper does not tell you what is in the formula on the package. I sometimes put a capful of powdered Tang in the black tank also but then I don't use the Happy Camper. I normally put a scoop of Happy Camper in the gray tanks about ever other dump just to keep them fresh! Oh yah, we also use the toilet paper from Aldis stores. This paper is packaged very similar to Angel Soft TP but I did a water test on it and it breaks down almost instantly when it gets mixed with water. I put three sheet folded and crumpled of the Aldis brand in a pint of water and within about 15 seconds it was breaking down on it's own. I then shook the pint jar and the TP broke down into fine pieces of paper.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:58 AM   #23
RSBULL

M.O.C. #17202
Does anyone use the pods of detergent instead of liquid?
RSBULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:29 AM   #24
hickory
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13170
We use one drop-in (pod) and 1/4 cup Amway L.O.C.(liquid organic cleaner). We have done this since we got our Monty and have never had any odor. We dump most often into our own septic tank when at our own camp. We don't use bleach as it is not really the best for septics although I expect a small amount now and then wouldn't hurt. We use a lot of water when rinsing our black tank. There's no one in line behind us!!!!
hickory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:32 AM   #25
hickory
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13170
We don't use the detergent pods. Just the RV drop-ins. Camco I think is the brand.
hickory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:20 PM   #26
Former StClairSailor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17151
We use Walex Bio-Pak for odor control. Seems to work OK. After the first few trips I found the black tank indicator at 1/3 full after the dump. Being new to rv-ing I finally tried the black tank flush. Though flushing out quite a bit more "material", the indicator was still at 1/3 full. I read on a website a process to use the flush for a few minutes, then close the black tank valve, wait 3 minutes and open the valve. This was to be repeated two more times (Don't worry, I made sure there was no one waiting behind me). Still 1/3 full. Undaunted I did more research and read about the GEO method. I added about a half a cup of Calgon powder, 1/2 pint of Dawn and a gallon of water. We traveled about an hour to our campsite this past Thursday. When dumping on Sunday I used the three times three minute flush with the valve closed and after the last drain the indicator read EMPTY (it was a WES site so I didn't hold anybody up). The 310RET has a 50 gal. tank and was reading full when I dumped. I may have found the combination.

John & Laura___& Bentley
2017 Montana 3950BR
2015 GMC Sierra Denali Dually
Former StClairSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:08 PM   #27
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but what black tank odor? If you have ANY odor from the plumbing system, be it black tank contents or the deodorant you are putting in the tank, your system is not operating correctly.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 07:41 AM   #28
Former StClairSailor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17151
Beat the horse all you want Tom. But if it keeps the DW happy, the Bio-Paks will continue to be added. #128522;

John & Laura___& Bentley
2017 Montana 3950BR
2015 GMC Sierra Denali Dually
Former StClairSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:31 AM   #29
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
I have tried the NO Geo OR No Chemical thing a few times in all three Monty's with LOTS of Water and it Stinks Every time I try that Never Again,for those of You Folks that use NOTHING but water I guess your Sh.. doesn't Stink
Old 09-19-2015, 01:56 PM   #30
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigskyjimmy

I have tried the NO Geo OR No Chemical thing a few times in all three Monty's with LOTS of Water and it Stinks Every time I try that Never Again,for those of You Folks that use NOTHING but water I guess your Sh.. doesn't Stink
There is something wrong with your system, a leak, ventilation, etc. It should be like at home...no odor. We are on RV number six and never use anything other than a cap of Calgon to help with the emptying process.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote