Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Thanks Ozz

Ozz, thanks for the info about the double pane slider escape hatch bedroom windows, H. John Kohl called Dawn on Monday and picked up our new windows today. And thanks to your post I talked John into trying your method before tearing out the frame. It took us about 15 to 20 minutes to do his and about ten to do mine. What a sweet fix, now the only problem I have is what to do with the old window and new frame. We have a 340RLQ Big Sky and John has a Montana and I suggested he use his vertically in his bathroom as an escape door. Still not sure where I want to use mine. Maybe on the right side basement door so I can watch how things ride, or as an escape hatch if I get trapped in the basement... Dave

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
OZZ,
As Dave said: window purchased, picked up, installed and I am grinning. Thanks to Dave for remembering the tip on replacing the window without pulling the frame.
Now I have only 746 other mods to catch up with you at this time.
Hope all is well with you guys.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:31 PM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Ozz, I almost forgot, Dawn remembers you and said you started a movement, she has had several window requests with you as reference.. Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:03 AM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Cool!
It is always good to have someone 'break ground' on a project, I have learned much from our members as well, glad it worked out for you guys.
I have been doing 'mods' on our home this Summer, just finished up running a timed water fill and power to Sue's bird bath outside her kitchen window. It automatically fills the bird bath, keeps fresh water in the 3 tiered fountain.
(I have to figure a throttling device for the output from the pump, have a bowl on it now...)
I also ran new 30 amp power and a 20 amp outlet to the Monte, shown in the picture. Hands and knees in the dirt and mud....
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote