Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2017, 01:42 PM   #1
kescue
Established Member

M.O.C. #20145
Tank Vent??? Where is it??

Newbie here... Have a new Montana High Country 381TH. To sanitize the Fresh Water System the manual says "Add solution to tank thru tank vent on the side of the coach. Arched shape part with the words "Tank Vent" on the vent cover.

I have looked all over for this "Tank Vent" and for the life of me I cannot find it.

Anyone have a clue there this is at on a 381TH??

kescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:54 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Not sure on your model, on mine its a little black (it could be dark grey, I'm color blind) cover on the drivers side rear of the coach about a foot or two up and a foot or two in from the back. I've also seen some Montana's with the vent on the rear of the coach in the same corner. The little plastic cover just lifts straight up to remove it.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 04:31 PM   #3
kescue
Established Member

M.O.C. #20145
I assume it should be under the bottom of the fiver. Looked all under the coach and no pipe in the back. Especially a "Arched shape part" as the owner's manual describes it.
kescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:57 PM   #4
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Instead of stressing about the vent and how to get chlorine solution into the tank through it, just get your hose set up, connected to your hose bib and add the solution into the rig end of the hose with a funnel, connect it to your fresh city water connection, and then using the tank fill valve and your hose bib turned on and your solution in the hose will go right into your tank. You will have to have the tank partially empty prior to this, but this will get your system sanitized.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:23 PM   #5
tooth ferry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17209
tank vent

on 2014 HC the vent is not underneath, it is about waist high on drivers' side near the rear. Only about 4x4. Pull up and out remove screen and use funnel to fill. Replace screen and snap cover back on.
tooth ferry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank vent 381th