Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2012, 01:08 AM   #1
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
New decal

The first time that I mounted the bikes and the bike rack on the back of the trailer, one of the bike pedals damaged (scratched) the rear "Montana" decal. I called Montana and told them what I did. They asked me to send a picture of the damage and told me that they would send me another decal for free. I told them that I was willing to pay for it since I was the one who damaged it. They said that it wouldn't be necessary and they would give me the decal but I would need to install it myself. You can't ask for better service than that. Thank you, Montana.

NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:40 AM   #2
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Sometimes you win! Glad they took care of you.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Good for you Jim;;sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #4
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sailer

Good for you Jim;;sailer
Ditto!
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #5
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Sometimes all you have to do is make the call! Glad it worked out for you!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:41 AM   #6
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Way to go Jim.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #7
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Hmmmm wonder why you can booger up a decal and they automatically send a new one out free and if it just weathers and starts to peel some folks say it takes and act of congress to get a new one. Oh well glad it worked out for ya and hope it goes on easy for you.
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:50 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
A few of mine were starting to shrink a couple of years ago. We were at the fall rally and keystone looked at them.Did not have to send pictures because they could eyeball them. The bad ones were avalible and they were sent to us.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #9
mmrxboss
Established Member

M.O.C. #1425
We have a '04 Monty 3650RK. The decals have shrink, some upto 1/2". The company told me "To bad - sucks to be you". So I am removing all of the decals. Someone asks what it is/what happened I will tell them the Montana decals suck and the company will not assist to replace their junk.
mmrxboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:21 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Note.. You can get newer model decals for your older no longer made decals. If you choose carefully you can minimize the shadow effect. Member had that done at a fall rally and it looked very good.

You can get replacement decals older IF they are still made newer would not be a issue..Cost is another story and negotiating skills may come into play.
We considered replacing the decals on this 2006 with I think 2011 Decals, might have been 2010 deals and the shadow effect would have been minimal.
We finally decided to replace the entire camper with a Big Sky full body paint.

Note we noticed today that the side that faces the Florida sun has deteriorated this winter. It is the bedroom slide side on the 3400.
They were in fair shape with no peeling at the start of the winter and now they are peeling like orange skin. I think I could take hold of corner and peel the entire graphic off. Don't tell me that constant exposure to the elements does not effect the graphics. Also noted that it is the same side that gets the sun when parked at the S&B at home.It took 6 years but we are peeling.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #11
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

A few of mine were starting to shrink a couple of years ago. We were at the fall rally and keystone looked at them.Did not have to send pictures because they could eyeball them. The bad ones were avalible and they were sent to us.
But you in a previous topic stated you had never heard of defective Montana decals until yours started failing this year. Now you say yours started to fail a couple years ago. So in reality they didn't even last 4 years. This whole Montana decal issue is full of inconsistencies.
Desert RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #12
lrydberg

M.O.C. #12818
We would like to comment on the Montana decals. We bought a 2008 2980 Montana 5th wheel, not even a year old yet, in June of 2009. Shortly after we purchased it, we noticed the decals starting to lift around the edges. We contacted Keystone and they said the decals were not under warranty unless we were the original owner. We also bought an extended warranty for the Montana, but it does not cover decals either. Now, three years later, the decals are almost all coming off. We finally took the front decals off, but what a mess it leaves. We wrote to Keystone to see if there was anything they could do and have not even had the courtesy of a reply. That was almost two months ago. We were also referred in a forum to the manufacturer of the decals. When we contacted their website, it indicated that they were no longer offering replacement decals. We spend most of the winter in Arizona and have seen numerous Montana 5th wheels and probably 90% of them have faded or peeling decals. It's too bad to have such a nice rig that looks like it's 15 years old!
lrydberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #13
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
There are lots of postings regarding the removal of decals. I know it doesn't help your situation regarding the replacement of decals by Keystone. I removed my front decals and will only replace part of them and have custom decals made to finish it off. I can guarantee that each "Montana" decal will not be replaced. I would not authorize the body shop to replace the "Montana" on the rear cap after my accident.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #14
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
If you winter in AZ, you must check out www.dontdriveugly.com. They are located in Apache Junction and do a great job. They make their own decals right in their shop and mount them and offer a warranty. They have pictures of my '06 3400 that they were holding until the dreadful day came to make new ones. I would not have even considered going back to Keystone for replacements as they come off just as quick. The other alternative, which we considered, was having the front cap painted with our own design of some kind. Coming from Alaska, I would have probably opted for the bear catching a salmon in the middle of the river, with Phil and Cathy on it and the word Alaska on it also. Or possibly a patriotic eagle and the word Freedom or Patriot on it. It's your trailer, you paid for it, why advertise for Keystone anymore, especially since they bought crappy decals for so many years.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #15
lrydberg

M.O.C. #12818
Thanks for the info for the business at Apache Junction. Funny - we winter at Palm Creek too in a park model at #686. This year we have it rented out, and if we are able to come down, we will be in our Montana! Larry and JoAnne
lrydberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:02 AM   #16
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
I contacted Keystone Owner relations concerning the peeling decals on my rig two weeks ago. Initial contact was to Christy Anglemyer who requested pictures and there was a follow-up message from Ashley Ruiz, Chief of Keystone Owner Relations who wanted additional data. Last week, UPS dropped the replacement decals off at my house. Great service from these two individuals and Keystone!
tim43 is offline   Reply With Quote