Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2017, 10:23 PM   #21
charlog5

M.O.C. #8418
2015 Keystone Montana 3791RD Lemon

My friend purchased this unit from Holiday World Dallas. It was in the repair shop from time of purchase. 2 ACS wouldn't cool very well. ducts were adjusted . Not able to fix Also the AC Controller locked up every time AC was used. Kitchen Slide motor broke. The Roof frame was loose where you could move frame up and down. Repair shop said factory must of used staples instead of screws. The roof had air pockets everywhere and when going down the road a large air bubble in the front area would blow up as large as a skylight. When brought to the attention to Dealer and Manufacture. the owner was told if roof didn't leak they won't fix it. So they had to put up with the roof loose hanging over the side. The owner sold it after one year and said never buy a Montana. the company won't stand behind there produce. Do not but from Holiday World of Dallas. Montana's are poorly built.

charlog5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:22 PM   #22
cw3jason
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17256
https://www.rvrepairclub.com/video/t...cables-011503/
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:17 PM   #23
charlog5

M.O.C. #8418
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlog5 View Post
My friend purchased this unit from Holiday World Dallas. It was in the repair shop from time of purchase. 2 ACS wouldn't cool very well. ducts were adjusted . Not able to fix Also the AC Controller locked up every time AC was used. Kitchen Slide motor broke. The Roof frame was loose where you could move frame up and down. Repair shop said factory must of used staples instead of screws. The roof had air pockets everywhere and when going down the road a large air bubble in the front area would blow up as large as a skylight. When brought to the attention to Dealer and Manufacture. the owner was told if roof didn't leak they won't fix it. So they had to put up with the roof loose hanging over the side. The owner sold it after one year and said never buy a Montana. the company won't stand behind there produce. Do not buyfrom Holiday World of Dallas. Montana's are poorly built.
The gear on slide after one year was not one warranty. Gear that replaced broke one was same bad product.
PS the roof on this Montana was terrible one and needed replacement $7000
charlog5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:53 PM   #24
rlchance
Established Member

M.O.C. #20461
I finally got my slide doing what it is suppose to do. I took the old gearbox apart and found out the a snap ring had came off and got into the bull gear. So the new gearbox fixed that. As for as the slide running rough, I sprayed the bottom of the slide with silicone spray and now it's running like new. Thanks for everyone's help.
rlchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:55 PM   #25
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Good for you. Most of this stuff is just common sense.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote