Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2012, 01:59 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Flies on the baby...

Running service calls.. you see it all. Got a call at a rental from the landlord. The report was that the tenant could get it to run when they "pushed something outside on the unit" I knew I was in for a treat...
I got there, all the windows were open, half the window screens were open, (guess they thought more air came in that way) The lady of the house took me through the kitchen to the back door. It was open, the screen door was open, flies everywhere as they had the recycle container next to the door, soda cans really attract the flies. The electrical compartment was removed, exposing the controls and wiring. The thermostat control wires were completely exposed, either a dog or the toddler chewed all the insulation off of them, shorting out the fuse to the control power. They had the cover off when it rained inside the control panel, everything was wet and rusted. I had to change the relay, dual capacitor and wiring. Guess they moved here from Death Valley where it doesn't rain. The kid could have easily walked right up to the unit and stuck his hand into the box electrocuting him.
People should have to take an I.Q. test before they propagate.
These people will not be attending the MENSA picnic.
I warned them about the dangers, commented on the flies and left in a hurry after I GOT THE A/C going. Yuck..
Poor kid, I hope he survives his parents stupid and dangerous ways.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:06 AM   #2
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
" the apple doesn't fall far from the tree".
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:14 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Not always. We've employed kids from that kind of family many times over the years. Giving them a chance and teaching them that everyone doesn't have to live that way will go a long way. We've had a number of failures over the years, but we also have one owning her own business in Texas and another who's an engineer for Caterpillar so sometimes the apple can roll quite a ways up hill. We've also had quite a few go in the service for finishing school. Most learned a trade and did well when they got out. We're sending one to the Marines this summer that should be interesting for both parties.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:35 AM   #4
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Worked many years as a Bell Telephone installer and it's hard to believe how some people are real pigs. But I always felt bad for the little kids, the ones that are 2 yrs old and are crawling around on the floor with piles of dog poop. I have seen people dirt poor but they have 6 dogs and 5 cats and none of them go outside to use the bathroom. Can't put decent clothes on the kids or a meal on the table but we have a pack of dogs that you know never saw a vet. I have gone to houses where the dishes are piles on the counter and in the sink covered with mold and the carcass of the Christmas turkey still there, and it's Easter??? People watch that TV show Hoarders but don't realize how often that occurs. I have watched a mother, and I use that term loosely, throw her 3 yr old half way across the room and on to a couch and beat the heck out him to where came up off the floor with the look in my eye that the Father/boyfriend/bed buddy/sugar daddy quickly grabbed the kid and headed out the door. But this was in a very depressed area of central Pa. where these people worked harder at staying on welfare then they would have if they had a job. And yes 9 times out of 10 the kids grew up just like their parents, it is very hard to break that cycle. I used to coach my daughters and sons sports teams and always tried to show these kids a better way, but most times did not work. But there are those cases that somehow broke away. Ok off my soapbox now lol lol
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #5
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
OZZ, did you hose down when you returned home???
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #6
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Sounds like you should carry lysol spray with you on your service calls!
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote