Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
RRman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7196
Circa 04 Dometic Remote Comfort Control Failure

Alas, my notorious Dometic Remote Comfort Control for AC and Heat somehow failed since our last use in January.
Fortunately, highs around 80 and lows in the upper 60's made it tolerable without Furnace Heat or AC. On the positive side we're really camping!
I'm familiar with the Circa 05 34 Page Thread on these and consider myself fortunate it lasted so long.
The Remote is fine, but the receiver unit on the wall no longer beeps or functions at all.
No Blown Fuses or Breakers, so I assume its just dead...
Anyone have any recent experience with Dometic on the successor to these? I've emailed Dometic Customer Service, but have not gotten a response yet.
Thanks for any advice!

RRman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
I have a spare remote if you think you need it. I will also check and see if I have the control unit when we replaced ours. I had to give them a part back when they exchanged ours and can't remember which part.(crs)If any of this will help.
When you change over to a wired system,you replace the wall unit and also the control unit that is located behind the a.c. filter.Maybe that is the problem.
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
RRman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7196
I'm pretty sure the Remote is fine and would prefer to convert to the "simple" normal on the wall replacement Thermostat that Dometic converted/upgraded to..
Though I suppose I could try another wall reciever and see if it works.
Mine doesn't even work with the two "emergency" Heat or AC buttons.
Or perhaps as you suggest its the part in the AC, but that should not presumably affect the Heat/Furnace , hence my suspicion the wall reciever died...
RRman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
That is the "brain" of the system. so it could affect it. Once you contact Dometic they will need the serial number that is located inside the a.c. housing. That is so they get you the right model for a normal t-stat.
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote