Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2006, 12:40 AM   #1
Sandymom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5837
Removing the Television

I remember seeing something on the forum about removing the main TV, but can't find anything in the archives. I'm going to replace it with a 27" Samsung LCD and would like to know if there are any "tricks" to get the old one out. We have a 3475RL but I think they may all use the same mounting technique.

Mike

Sandymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:07 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Thanks for this post. I too am interested in removing the TV as well as the little suround sound speakers to gain access to the TV. Also I want to find another place for the Sub Woofer besides the Pantry. I need that space for more food.
Cheers,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:30 AM   #3
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
I removed the 27" Zenith from my 06 2955RL and put in a 26" Panasonic LCD . The big tube sets are held in place with long wood screws. My model had two screws in the bottom and one in the side. Get a hand lifting it out as it weighs 78 pounds and you need someone to unplug the cables while you support the tv.
The side screw was getting loose as a wood screw does not work well on a thin plastic TV cabinet.

I could have fixed the problem by glueing a piece of plywood to the cabinet to give the woodscrew some holding power but this gave me an excuse to buy the Panasonic and I use it in my stick house bedroom when it is not in the Montana. I have a thread on this with pics how I attached the LCD and how I have opened up a new storage cupboard in my unit. This project is not quite completed yet but when it is I will post pics. Good luck with your project.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:05 AM   #4
Montana_6480
Established Member

M.O.C. #6480
I removed mine a while back in a 2006 336RLT, and there were two loooong screws on top holding it in place. Yes they are heavy too!

Giddyup!
jpp
Montana_6480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:06 AM   #5
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Don, I take it that you have to pull the screw from the bottom of the unit so that means that the fireplace would need to be removed first. Bummer, I want to run the TV's audio through my Sony surround processor instead of the TV's mini speakers. Looks like a little more effort on my part, good thing I'm not paying me by the hour!!
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:20 AM   #6
cjenks234
Established Member

M.O.C. #4868
We replaced both of our TV's with flat panels and relly love them both. Here is a pictures of the living room and bedroom.

cjenks234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:25 AM   #7
Sandymom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5837
[quote]Originally posted by cjenks234

We replaced both of our TV's with flat panels and relly love them both. Here is a pictures of the living room and bedroom.

cjenks,

So, what did it take to remove the original tube TV???
Old 11-29-2006, 01:31 PM   #8
cjenks234
Established Member

M.O.C. #4868
Sandymom, you have to remove the fireplace. There are two screws in the bottom of the TV. Then you have to remove a screw that is right above the center speaker,(there is a small plastic cap when you open the doors above the TV, pop it out) then remove the speaker. Now you are able to get to one very long screw on top of the TV. Once you remove the three screws it is free to side out to unplug the wires. I hope this helped.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:30 PM   #9
Sandymom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5837
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by cjenks234

Sandymom, you have to remove the fireplace. There are two screws in the bottom of the TV. Then you have to remove a screw that is right above the center speaker,(there is a small plastic cap when you open the doors above the TV, pop it out) then remove the speaker. Now you are able to get to one very long screw on top of the TV. Once you remove the three screws it is free to side out to unplug the wires. I hope this helped.
That's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks!!!
Mike
Old 11-30-2006, 10:08 AM   #10
5rvers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4327
cjenks,

What brand and size TV is that? Also how were you able to make it stay? I really like your set up.

Thanks,
Lou
5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:29 AM   #11
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl

jcenks234, Thanks. Your post was exactly what I was looking for. I saw that center screw but did not want to mess thing up if I did not have to.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by cjenks234

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 02:43 PM   #12
cjenks234
Established Member

M.O.C. #4868
Lou, the one in the living room is a 32in Sony, the one in the bedroom is a 27in Westinghouse. If you would like some behind the scene pictures feel free to e-mail me your address. I'd be glad to send you some.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:25 AM   #13
5rvers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4327
Charlie,

I sent you a PM. Thanks so much for offering the pictures.

Happy Holliday's!
Lou
5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote