Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2016, 06:51 PM   #1
tooth ferry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17209
GENNIE SOUND BOX

A few days ago I saw a very detailed post on a box for HONDA 2000 with sound deadening insulation and air, heat, exhaust baffles. Box made by someone with movie,tv,generator experience and based on scientific principles. Naturally I can't find it now. If you have seen this please tell me where to find it. Not on this forum. Thanks

tooth ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:28 PM   #2
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
I don't think you are talking about this one but I am going to buy one of these for my older 2000 Subaru generator that is a little noisy(and keep it dry) for this winter /Fall camping season at the Ocean http://www.supergenproducts.com/cata...gen-tent-small If yours is the EU2000 they are already dang quiet and this would make it whisper quiet,Also there are ALOT of videos on You Tube of people that make their own as well
Old 08-21-2016, 07:58 PM   #3
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
I have bragged about my box many times. Built it out of a "Site Box" tool box from Tractor Supply. Vents, heat resistant louvered exhaust fan. Front door for plugging into my 3000ieb Yamaha. Can run it inside locked box. Box makes it nearly impossible to steal. Someone tried... Lol. Used it three years now.

Let me bore you with my photos of the project. I did cut legs off and installed camera a box to watch hitch during travel and hookup. Note: project cost $700.00 including welder, parts. Note: I also have room for tools and power cords used with generator. I added antenna for remote gen start. Works perfectly. It is bolted to truck bed underneath with wing nuts inside box. I recorded a 39 decibel at full power.

http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/Ar...enerator%20Box
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote