Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #21
GreatWhite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13339
Thanks folks.. I think the answer is OK on the shorted. I don't remember If I mentioned it in the OP.. but, I had an 00 F350 diesel CC SWB. I blew out the back window towing my SOB with the square front end.. AND I HAD A SLIDER. I used that slider once with some relatively tight turns.. but, this one time, I cranked it too far.. and POW!!!!!. I didn't think there would be a problem with the modified new front ends on the Keystones.. That seems such a great idea.

Looks like I'll have to hang on the Ford, Chev, Dodge truck forums to see if there any inherent issues with '11 and '12 model years. OR.. better yet.. there might well be folks here that keep up with model year problems.

I have to say, the '05 Chev 2500 I have is a strong puller with pretty dern good fuel economy.. I'm disappointed in the thunking I get on the road driving w/o the 5er. Big O could find nothing wrong with the suspension. Otherwise.. I like it. The towing brake works nicely going down hills.

GreatWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:07 AM   #22
mrtgraz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11349
This is what I have, I LOVE IT ! (tweetys.com/new---superglide-15k---fits-existing-industry-standard-mounting-rails.aspx)
mrtgraz is offline   Reply With Quote