Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Iota IDP 12 panel Updated

Some of my friends here have the IDP 12 distribution panel. Picture below. I removed the smoke colored cover, but need to access the panel further to check the wires for tightness. They have an intermittent loss of voltage to the bedroom 12V lights, and I can move the fuse, and they will go off and on. How does the panel cover come off? The outer case is already cracked on one side, so I sure don't want to damage it farther.

Update: Well, I pulled the panel today. It turns out it is an older panel (according to Iota). It has plugs on the back that plug in three separate circuits to 15 amp ATC fuses. The problem is the spade connectors have a small hole in the blade. When plugged in to the female connector on the panel, the panel connector goes right into that hole, making a bad connection. I ended up just pulling the plug back out about 1/16" and it made a good connection. I contacted Iota again, and they said this is about all you can do without installing a new panel (they called it tweaking the connection). I'm thinking of replacing the male spades with new ones without a hole. Just thought someone else might could use the info.

BTW, I was impressed by the old world craftsmanship once again. There were fused circuits labeled on the panel, and the wire on the plug was not connected to anything. One such circuit was the bathroom, fused and clearly labeled, but the bathroom was actually on the living room 12V circuit. Never ceases to amaze me!

SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
kerry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7125
Only way I know is to remove the 4 screws and pull it out carefully, Kerry
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Agree that is how I removed mine, make sure the converter is powered off at circuit breaker panel, the battery Negative is pulled and the power at Pedestal is off since the 110 VAC breaker is probably right underneath.
Safety first.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Thanks for the prompt responses. I was afraid I would have to pull the panel out of the wall. We have the Good Friendship panel, so I am unfamiliar with the Iota. These are some friends that come down here pretty often, but leave the Montana 2955 here all the time. He had a stroke, and can't use his right arm, so I try to help them when they need it.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:54 AM   #5
TNduo

M.O.C. #23659
Same issue

Hi SlickWillie

Wondering if you ever tried "replacing the male spades with new ones without a hole"?

I am having the same issue with my Iota panel and hoping you found a solution other than replacing the entire panel!
Thanks
TNduo is offline   Reply With Quote