Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2006, 05:19 PM   #1
Silverbird
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5622
fireplace addition

We have a 2955RL 2006 - We have been searching for just the right sized unit and also one that did not get hot on the outside of the unit, to put in the Monty. We have finally found it. We removed the doors under the computer desk, cut off the bottom board and in the space put a small black fireplace stove we purchased at Menards. Hubby, bolted the back legs to the floor, cut a hole through the bottom of the computer desk, notched a hole out of the sliding part and ran the cord up to a surge protector we installed on the wall of the computer desk. It fits perfectly, looks great,and throws alot of heat.

Silverbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:50 PM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Too cool Silverbird - anxious to see pics!

I had one all picked out for my 2955RL, then ended up trading it in. I made sure the new one had a fireplace, as after seeing them I really enjoyed the heat option.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:15 AM   #3
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Our rig is not a 5er, but a trailer. It has no built in fireplace either. I have been running a free standing wood stove looking heater for a couple years now and just love it. Nothing like a cozy fire to feel like home.
I'd like to see pics of your setup as well if you could...
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote