Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2017, 06:08 PM   #1
Retire 2022
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20065
Aerospace 303 Protectant

Good evening everyone. First we would like to say...
Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to Each and Everyone!

I haven't applied the Aerospace 303 protectant yet...does it work well? Any of you use it for any of the following: Roof, tires, slide seals, AC and Vent covers, Awnings? Did I leave anything out that it could/should be used on? Do any of you have any recommendations/experience on the easiest way to apply it? Thanks in advance for your replies!

Retire 2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:02 PM   #2
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
No ~~ never use it on the 5er. Other than the vent covers and AC covers there are products made especially for those other applications. I put nothing on tires but soap and water plus cover when not in use. Neighbor accidently sprayed a little on his boat cover and instant leaks. One chemical product does not work on all, ever.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:33 PM   #3
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I've used it on about everything on my fivers and boats except the tires. It makes the roof less susceptible to dirt and whatever else lands on it. It lessens the infamous black streaks on the sides of your RV. Just make sure to work from front to back as it makes the roof slippery. It has worked for me on the slide seals although I've gone with another product this past year. It's hard to put on the caps and sides without making streaks, but microfiber towels and less 303 than you'd think to use helps. It brings your roof vents and A/C covers back to life somewhat but like any of its uses ... wash things up before applying. Works on boat seats also. Search the web for the best price on a gallon as it is cheaper per oz. that way. Lotsa boat websites have better deals than say CW. As for the previous reply's warnings about covers ... read the instructions about what it works on and what it doesn't. Nope ... no royalties for my comments ... just works for a wide range of stuff. The only downside of it is a treatment only lasts about 3 months out in the sun.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:22 AM   #4
Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
I found hairline cracks in part of my front decal and i bought and started to use this product on them. I have to say that it brings life back to the decals, they look new again, but i have only started to use it over the last few months so we will see. also i have been spraying it on the whole front cap and it really makes it shine like new I have been using it about once a month and make sure you wipe it all off with a clean dry towel or it will streak when the morning dew hits it. but so far i like it. also i laid a towel that had the product in it on a blue plastic tarp and I wiped it off on that spot and after a month in the sun the rest of the tarp started to disintegrate but the part that had the 303 on it was fine, so i know it works.
Eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:35 AM   #5
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
I use it on almost any plastic or rubber part of almost anything, if that makes sense. We are always in sunny warm areas all year long so I coat my fan vents, sky lights, and air conditioner covers with it about once every 2 months. I use it on my tires but only 2 or 3 times a year. All rubber seals around doors and slides get a dose of it a couple times a year. My dash on the MH and car only gets 303 and no other protectants. It is really great stuff for protecting against harmful UV.
Old 12-20-2017, 06:42 AM   #6
gkonney
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19870
I only wash and cover the tires, went to G614's after reading all of the China Bomb horror stories and are afraid to promote ANY deterioration. What's up with replacing NEW tires on a high-end Camper?? Another Blog
I am of the mindset that a good Polymer Wax is the best and easiest to use on any paint or fiberglass from even a molecular perspective. Here is a short article explaining:
https://itstillruns.com/car-polymers...x-6672415.html
I have seen full time 10 year old Monty's that look like their roofs have never been touched, some clean and protect every season. It is all about the almighty $$$ and personal budgets. Tires were a no-brainer...and I did not want to go from one Bomb to what seems like another another with Sailun's.
You can follow us at: https://campingkonneys.wordpress.com/
gkonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:22 AM   #7
Dmcgrew
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13564
I love 303 and have had great luck with it for last 5 years on seals and any rubber product. Use it on both 5th and white water raft for the uv protection. Buy it by the gallon and it lasts along time!! I know lots of people who use it and have never heard of any problems like described in earlier post. Curious about what type of material it was used on that it damaged!!
Dmcgrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:17 PM   #8
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
10 years and two Montana's using 303, NEVER a problem!
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:28 AM   #9
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
303 is the best product to use on tires since it has no petroleum products in it. RV tires will age out before we run the tread off them, 303 helps prevent that aging.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:21 AM   #10
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
You are spot on!
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:21 PM   #11
Ragtacker
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17932
No silicone spf 40 it just works
Ragtacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 08:55 AM   #12
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Used on Boat for 10+ years. Awesome stuff for anything non fabric. For cloth us their Fabric Guard. I will be using it extensively on our new 5r because of its great performance on our boat. Shop around. Best price I've found over the years was gallon at AMZN. Not sure why Keystone does not recommend tire and roof treatment with it. Maybe they could not get the right "deal".
Old 12-26-2017, 05:48 PM   #13
prndl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19630
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkonney View Post
I only wash and cover the tires, went to G614's after reading all of the China Bomb horror stories and are afraid to promote ANY deterioration. What's up with replacing NEW tires on a high-end Camper?? Another Blog
I am of the mindset that a good Polymer Wax is the best and easiest to use on any paint or fiberglass from even a molecular perspective. Here is a short article explaining:
I have seen full time 10 year old Monty's that look like their roofs have never been touched, some clean and protect every season. It is all about the almighty $$$ and personal budgets. Tires were a no-brainer...and I did not want to go from one Bomb to what seems like another another with Sailun's.
Just for curiosity sake, where did you get information indicating Sailun's seem like china bombs. No one on this forum has had any complaint yet and I sure like mine so far (8000 miles).
prndl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 11:04 PM   #14
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
Quote:
Originally Posted by prndl View Post
Just for curiosity sake, where did you get information indicating Sailun's seem like china bombs. No one on this forum has had any complaint yet and I sure like mine so far (8000 miles).
AGREE. I have over 17,000 miles on mine and they are 4 years old and they have taken out 2 wheels and the tires are going strong. I guess this is a subject that's been beaten up pretty good though. To each is own.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:36 AM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We use whatever the Keystone service center recommends
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 11:21 AM   #16
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
We use whatever the Keystone service center recommends
Now that is funny.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:38 PM   #17
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemoore View Post
Now that is funny.

They use the best stuff.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 02:07 PM   #18
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkonney View Post
So, you did no research and spent twice as much for 2nd best. There have been complaints with G614 but no one has found one on Sailuns.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:01 PM   #19
L0veless
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19132
Send a message via AIM to L0veless
once you get out of this forum and go to others, there are many issues with sailun's
granted they are better then OEMs, but it seems in this forum its a ford , Chevy issue.
not wanting to get into a pi**ing contest.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:41 PM   #20
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Like previously said I have not read a single word anywhere of a sailun s637 tire failure. Mine have been fine for 5k+ miles and still look new.

I have seen multiple reports of g614 failures.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote