Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2008, 12:51 PM   #1
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Selling Gas ????

While watching the news this AM, don't remember what station there was a report about Gas. The person said we have no shortage of Gas in the USA, and as a matter of fact we are selling refined Gas to Canada and Mexice. The majority is going to Mexico and the Mexican Government is subsidizing the price to its citizen by $1.00 a gallon.

He also said that we are now using 4% less gas because of the price per gallon. So now why is our price staying so high. Has anyone else seen this, I have watched the news several times today and haven't seen it again. GBY....

Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:08 PM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
When was the last time we saw lines at gas stations or a station with a "no gas" sign out front. There is no shortage of fuel.... There is truth to the rest.Think we export fuel to 4 or 5 countries ..not very much...Google the subject and information is out there.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Right now gas has risen here in Texas City. I am assuming it is because 3500 platforms are shutting down off the coast, and the millions of barrels of fuel output per day is in jeopardy of closing down. They don't leave the refineries running during a hurricane. Beaumont, Texas refinery produces 500,000 +/- barrels of fuel a day. There is a mandatory evacuation going into effect tomorrow morning at 0600 for Beaumont.

Edited: The can shut down a lot faster than they can bring one back on-line.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 05:58 PM   #4
Ed Benson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1027
In one of my forays to the Bloomberg XM station this last week, one of the energy gurus made the comment that in America, storage for gasoline is at a premium. Diesel fuel is another matter though. Because of the world wide demand for diesel from all the emerging nations, ect. - the oppinion was that the prices will stay too high for the future.
Ed Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 06:03 PM   #5
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Funny how the price of gas and diesel went up 2-3 cents here in Omaha as of yesterday when they made the announcement that the refineries and platforms were closing down! They are saying it's because of the shortage-- my a** shortage! It's because of Labor Day weekend and because they want to rape the consumers because they say the hurricane which is going to cause a shortage! How many millions of gallons do they have stored right now in the national reserve and in the multi-company storage tanks outside these refineries and pumped up the lines north to storage tanks up here? Let's make the people sweat a little and pay a little more because they are so gullible when it come to fuel and the volume we have! OK, OK I'm off my soapbox!!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote