Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
Sky
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9806
Problelms with GMAC Insurance

I tore my automatic awning and bent the roller on the 5th wheel.
I have GMAC insurance and they are giving my dealer a hard time.
It seems the GMAC is disputing the prices quoted for the parts and the labor to fix it. Acording to my dealer the GMAC rep is using prices from a 2010 catalog and also misunderstanding what parts are needed and it has come to the point that my dealer has had it with them. I just want to know if anyone else has delt with GMAC insurance and had any problems deaing with them.

Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:48 AM   #2
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
I haven't made a claim with them, but will be an interesting thread to see what others have experienced. I also have GMAC as of now, but been looking into making a change.

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:09 AM   #3
wingerphil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6570
no experience with GMAC but have you spoken with the adjuster yourself? If not you may want to call and see if you can get the ball rolling a little faster, speak to a supervisor etc. You may want to "raise some rhubarb" with their slowing the process down!
Good luck.

Phil
wingerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:48 AM   #4
Sky
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9806
I have copies of the email sent between the my dealer and the insurance rep. I may have to speak to the supervisor and I may have to go to our state
insurance comm./ I did leave a message for the insurance rep and she never responded back (as of yet). I am waiting to see what she will say to the
last email my dealer sent her which boils down to -my offer is fair and honest and I can go no further or lower than my last offer -take it or leave it.
The dealer has a good reputation for being honest and has treated me very well and I know of no complaints against him. So needless to say I want to stay]
with him. I don't know if GMAC intends to make me go to another company or go with the dealer's offer. I know our state law prohibits insurance companies
sending me to someone I don't want to deal with, so this may be a factor the insurance company has to consider. My dealer feels the insurance rep does not
understand that the price she wants to pay is outdated....and there may be a misunderstanding on how the parts come shipped (individually or together).
Bottom line right now is -Am I going to get this repaired or not?
Old 04-07-2012, 07:35 AM   #5
DonandJudy_12
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3206
We have had GMAC for more years than I can remember- We had a complete awning replacement 4 or 5 years ago without any problems- We had a minor fenderbender several years ago without any problems- Our relationships with all personnel has been very cordial- Obviously, we are very satisfied with our service- We will continue to be customers until we encounter problems with the service rendered- We pray your problem is settled soon and favorably- JHMO- Don
DonandJudy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #6
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
We are with GMAC and have had two claims. One for a damaged awning and new roof, great claims service. The other one for for when we totaled ou 07 Monty, again great service very nice to deal with couldn't be happier. I would recomend them to any one.
Capt Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #7
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
We've had one claim with GMAC which was handled courteously and promptly. No problems.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:28 AM   #8
Sky
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9806
I have copies of emails going back and forth between GMAC and my dealer. As of April 5th both parties are going at it over the price of the awning etc.
Last evening I received a check from GMAC dated April 4,2012 in both the dealer and my name. So here we have the GMAC rep trying to get the price down another
$374 on April 5, yet a check was sent out to us the day before. Doesn't make sense to me....... Now I have to check with the dealer to make sure that this is the correct amount.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #9
farmboy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9087
Send a message via Yahoo to farmboy
I had GMAC insurance for 10 years without a claim. Then the price got to high all the sudden for me. I beleive this is because of the bailout. Probably won't go back. JMHO.
farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #10
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
That's more common. Heard a number of folks unhappy with renewals, this is the first claim problem I've run across.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #11
Sky
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9806
I think the problem is finally resolved....The claims rep has indicated that she is cutting another check to cover the shortage from the first check. It did take another photograph being sent to her to make her realize that using a two year old parts book and not having the updated prices caused a lot of problems. Because of this she was questioning my honesty and asking if I was trying to upgrade my awning (all because of an old parts book with old prices). Now I am waiting for the new check to arrive before we order the material. Once that check arrives I will consider this experience over and finished.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:04 AM   #12
Sky
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9806
Problem solved....First check sent was addressed to my wife but had my name and the dealers name on it. Second check sent to dealer w/o my name on it. Parts have been ordered and once they arrive the repair work will begin.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:35 AM   #13
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Good news, you earned every penny
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:47 AM   #14
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Happy to hear the problem has been resolved in your favor....
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:14 AM   #15
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by farmboy

I had GMAC insurance for 10 years without a claim. Then the price got to high all the sudden for me. I beleive this is because of the bailout. Probably won't go back. JMHO.
Good grief. People blame the "bailout" for evrything.

If your rates changed, there could be several things, including a mistake on GMAC's part, but the bailout had nothing to do with it.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:43 AM   #16
gbsb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5015
We have GMAC insurance and haven't had a problem yet good or bad. We are due for renewal next month and I am looking for better prices. I will give them a chance to quote We travel about 5 months a year and are stationary for the other 7 months during winter. Glad you got the outcome you deserved, that is what we pay for.
gbsb is offline   Reply With Quote