Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
hunts800
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11457
slide-outs inoperative

While in Port Angeles, WA, closing up to catch the ferry to Victoria BC, went to put in the slides as have done over 50 times - pushed switch - nothing! Called Keystone and dealer - basically no help on the phone - and we were panicking since just at the point of leaving U.S. for three more weeks in Canada!

Called a local RV repair guy recommeded by the KOA campsite mgr - he came out and claimed computer malfunction - he jury rigged a three way switch near the hydraulic pump motor which worked for the remainder of the month long trip . Dealer says they will try to get Keystone to reimburse me for the $178 bucks - and since still under warranty - am taking it in to my dealer for repairs next week. Incidentally, the remote control would operate everything but the slide-outs. We were able to catch a later ferry so all was not lost.

The factory warranty is really useless unless you are close to a keystone repair facility and/or your own dealer, and although I have an extended warranty - it will not kick in until factory warranty runs out . So, will see if Keystone reimburses me!

Old 09-29-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
So the slides would not work with the remote or the interior switches?? If it was remote only, sounds like the remote needed to be reset, if it was everything, it sounds like a fuse or the auto-reset breaker failed. I am confused because I didn't think the interior switch worked through the remote control control board that is usually in the battery compartment. Hopefully one of the eletrical gurus can clue me in on this. I am really curious as to what the dealer comes up with regarding the proper repair as I am sure others will be. Please keep us posted on what happens.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
hunts800
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11457

Correct - nothing with interior switch or remote. Good batteries, etc. When he direct wired from power source to hydraulic motor, it worked fine. The remote did, however,operate everything else, and all the other interior switches (awning, lights, exterior switches for landing gear, stabilizers, etc., worked and continued to work fine. So - I am curious as to what dealer will find also. Did discover that the two wires from the interior switch go first to the computer module, so that is why he concluded problem was with computer. We'll see.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

So the slides would not work with the remote or the interior switches?? If it was remote only, sounds like the remote needed to be reset, if it was everything, it sounds like a fuse or the auto-reset breaker failed. I am confused because I didn't think the interior switch worked through the remote control control board that is usually in the battery compartment. Hopefully one of the eletrical gurus can clue me in on this. I am really curious as to what the dealer comes up with regarding the proper repair as I am sure others will be. Please keep us posted on what happens.
Bingo
Old 10-12-2011, 09:06 AM   #4
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
I posted today about rear stabilizer manual switch. Suggest you check all connections. That is where my problem was. Larry
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote