Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2008, 12:36 PM   #1
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
recomendations?

Has anyone stayed at or have information on any of the following RV parks/

1. Caravan Oasis RV Resort Yuma AS
2. Sun Vista RV Resort Yuma
3. Villa Alameda RV Resort Yuma
4. Desert Holiday RV Park Yuma
5. Outdoor Resort Palm Springs RV Country Club palm Springs CA
6. Shadow Hills RV Resort Indio, CA
7. Indian Wells Carefree RV Resort Indio, CA
8. Visalia/Fresno South KOA Visalia, CA

Thanks for any info you might have. We are looking for overnight stays on our trip home from the Spring Rally in Tucson.

Capt Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:00 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Don,
We stayed at #8 a couple of times for a day or two. OK. Nice people, this was several years ago. Not much in that area that is very good. We try to make it to Bakersfield where there are several good parks in addition to the Hill CG.
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:05 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I really like #5 -- Outdoor Resort in Palm Springs. I have a few friends who own and winter there. A true resort with some very nice folks/owners.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:16 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We drove buy Villa Alameda a number of times. We always thought it looked nice. We probably saw some of the others, too, but this one impressed me most. Del Pueblo RV Resort in Yuma is one of our favorites. Also, if you're a golfer, consider Cocopah RV and Golf Resort, also in Yuma. We've stayed there, too.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:23 PM   #5
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Capt Kidd,
I can comment on Caravan Oasis and Sun Vista RV Parks in Yuma. I have spent the last 11 winters visiting Yuma during the winter in RVs and even owning a home there. Both are very nice parks. I think Sun Vista may be slightly newer than Caravan Oasis. Sun Vista has a large club house and a lot of hobby shops. Each park has many park models with a lot of spaces for RVs.

You mention stopping there in the Spring. Keep in mind that Jan, Feb, and March are Yuma's busiest months. Near the end of March the migration north begins. Both parks will probably fill up in Jan. as most parks in Yuma do at some point in late Jan. You may stumble on a park here or there that will have spaces.

For the past two winters I have stayed at Fortuna De Oro for the month of Jan. This park is located in the Foothills about 2 1/2 miles east of Caravan Oasis on the N. Frontage Rd. For the past two winters they have had spaces available at peak times.

JB

Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote