Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2015, 02:51 PM   #1
getontheroad
Established Member

M.O.C. #15997
Living Room TV & Bedrrom TV & Basement TV

I know we should have went through this during the PDI, but I didn't think this whole television stuff would be an issue as I can usually figure things out fairly easy.

Anyway...Mountaineer owners, is there any connection between the Living room TV components and the Bedroom TV components? If so how can I make them work together? Example: if I wanted to use the Jensen player to play a DVD? Can I watch the DVD on both the LR TV and the BR TV? The manual is hopeless.

getontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:33 PM   #2
hunts800
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11457
I don't know if this will help, but I have the Direct TV roof mounted Traveler. I carry two Direct TV receivers, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. I have the bedroom and basement TV's connected to a single receiver using an HDMI Splitter. We had to run an HDMI cable down to the basement from the bedroom closet. I replicated the same set-up I had in my 2010 rig. I have to watch the same channel in the bedroom and basement TVs, but with the remote set to RF I can change channels while sitting outside.

Maybe the new SWM antennas and new receivers would let you watch separate channels on three TVs? Problem is you have to get an HDMI cable to each TV, and those are not pre-wired n the trailer.

Maybe someone has a better solution to my system
Old 03-29-2015, 03:37 PM   #3
hunts800
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11457
I forgot to add, I don' t think there is anyway to watch a DVD on amy TV but the living room.n
Old 03-29-2015, 03:42 PM   #4
getontheroad
Established Member

M.O.C. #15997
I guess am not concerned with the basement connection, it looks like that will run off the bedroom. So odd that the speakers go throughout the RV but can't get the TV's to connect, would think this should be an option as it was an option in my PUMA TT. Especially for a several thousand dollar upgrade one would hope to have the same options and more.

Thanks for the help,
Old 03-29-2015, 04:19 PM   #5
paulinbaja
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14041
You can do this! You must identify the cable connections at each end. Then re-arrange the wiring to meet your need. Where the amplifier is for the antenna there will be three or more cables, two of which are connected to the amp. and one will be connected thru a splitter. So, consider what you need as far as signal at each location and reconnect the splitter and the wires to achieve your goal.
note at the amp. there will be an additional wire, that is the feed from the antenna--leave it where it is.
paulinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:37 PM   #6
getontheroad
Established Member

M.O.C. #15997
I am going to try a little different configuration tomorrow. There is only one input for the cable connection in the convenience center, so this means that cable must run to both the BR-TV an LR-TV as there is a cable connection at both TV's. I am thinking if I run a cable from the LR-TV to the LR-TV cable connection, then connect the BR-TV to the cable connection I might be in luck to at least see the picture on the BR-TV. Maybe I will try that tomorrow as it is getting back down to the 30's tonight and it is dark out. I will update tomorrow evening on what I find.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:52 PM   #7
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
I had the same issue, trying to figure out where everything went. In our 2014 3725, there were three connections in the convenience center. Living room satellite connection/input, bedroom satellite connection/input, and "park" cable connection/input. What I found was a dedicated cable from the LR satellite input to the LR TV, and a dedicated cable from the BR satellite input to the BR TV. At the amplifier "inputs", there was the cable from the roof antenna, a cable from the "park" cable input, and then on the output, a short cable went to a splitter that sent the signal to the BR TV, the LR TV, and the basement connection. All nicely "jammed" into the ceiling. When using the roof antenna, the amplifier would have to be "on" to work. When using the "park" cable connection, the amplifier would have to be "off" to work. As far as the satellite cables, they worked totally independent of everything else. What I did was to set up the satellite amplifier in the LR TV area to feed the LR TV, and also with the second output on the satellite receiver I "back fed" the bedroom TV from the same unit. Of course, you would have to have the receiver with dual outputs. Granted, I have negated the use of the roof antenna, and the "park" cable input, but we have the Tailgater, and we get our "local" stations, so I didn't need anything else. If necessary, it's a simple job to change things back. All cables, etc., are still there, just some are disconnected. There are other options, but it would be to lengthy to put in this space!
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:31 AM   #8
paulinbaja
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14041
I was interrupted as I finished writing last night. You may have to get a modulator for your DVD player. This item turns the "base band" audio/video signal into a radio frequency signal. These devices are not expensive and you can usually select channel 3 or 4 output.
There is a 4th wire at your antenna amplifier, this is the park cable input. When the amp is off this connection is used to get the cable signal to you system. And as TAPKAT wrote above, the Satellite wires are there but will usually not help as they go from the satellite connections outside to the satellite connections inside .
If you like puzzles you will enjoy. Good Luck.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:37 AM   #9
paulinbaja
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14041
When you do your reconfigure remember the "splitter". It is somewhere in the line and could limit the signal enough to degrade it if you are trying to send the signal the wrong direction thru it.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:14 AM   #10
jfaberna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13909
If you have not seen this, it may help. It's the Schematic that Keystone sent me. I have the PDF, but here's a photo of it:

jfaberna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:30 AM   #11
paulinbaja
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14041
jfaberna, nice schematic
Old 04-06-2015, 02:49 AM   #12
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
My quick fix was a trip to Best Buy and purchased a tv dvd combo took the rv tv to the local auction house and got some cash for it. I saved a lot of time and money for cables and hope everthing works when I finish.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 04:03 AM   #13
DonNSW9

M.O.C. #18008
Thanks! Very helpful description and schematic. With this information, I just might get park cable to work on our next trip without having to run a coax line in thru the bottom corner of the front doorway to the LR tv.
DonNSW9 is offline   Reply With Quote