Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2006, 02:50 AM   #1
Treecounter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #162
Datastorm

We had Datastorm added to our coach last week. Sure beats setting up th tripod. With the new updated 7000 modem speeds are much better. Hated writing that check.

Treecounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:55 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Congrats on the new system. Enjoy
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:22 PM   #3
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Treecounter,

Congrats on the new Datastorm system! If you don't mind my asking, who did you get to do the install and what kind of throughput are you getting upstream and downstream? Thanks!
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 07:17 PM   #4
ronnilu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3933
I'M PUZZLED--What is Datastorm?? Sounds like it has to do with computers. Thanks
Ronni
ronnilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:39 PM   #5
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
If you need high speed internet(and who doesn`t)this is the way to go.My mine says YES but my wallet says NO WAY.Congrtas on the datastorm you will just love it to death.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:34 AM   #6
Treecounter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #162
Ronnily, you are right. Datatorm is High Speed Internet by Satellite. Unlike the tripod systems it is automatic. Level the rig and push a button. (it's un American not to have motor on it.) In a few minuets you are on line with decent speeds.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:52 PM   #7
ronnilu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3933
Thanks for the input on Datastorm. How expensive is it?? Do you have a dealer or a website to check out?? Thanks again.
Ronni
ronnilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 02:38 AM   #8
Treecounter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #162
Ronnily, you can go to www.motosat.com they have a dealer search. You can expect around $5000 +- and $70/80 a month for service. It isn't cheap. But it is fast and portable. We have the DW7000 modem(the latest and greatest). We had the dish on a tripod for several years. But for the last month it was giving us fits. The dish was getting hard to adjust and as we found out latter the satellite we were on was having problems. For a tripod system go to www.businesswebsupport.com Glenn Simpson will give you all the information you need. This system is much lower in price than ours and service is also lower. Both systems are on Direcway.