Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2005, 10:38 AM   #21
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
We live in San Bernardino Cty, California. The other day the County decided that they had such a problem with people ditching their jury duty notices that they imposed a fine of $500. and or jail time. Guess people don't take anything serious anymore. They said that the percentage went down considerably when everyone heard about the fine and or jail time.......LOL

Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 11:47 AM   #22
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Glad I don't live in San Bernardino County.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 04:38 AM   #23
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
Well I found on line the Information for jurors serving in the circuit courts of the state of South Dakota. I gives a little light on the subject but still looks like its up to the draw.or not being of sound mind, I always thought I was a little crazy..

http://www.sdbar.org/public/pamphlets/juryduty.htm

qualifications:
In this state, most citizens who are registered to vote and are of sound mind, able to read, write and understand the English language, are qualified to serve as jurors. Exceptions to this rule are judges, clerks of any court, licensed attorneys and individuals who have been convicted of a felony (unless this right has been restored to them by law) or another offense which by special provision of law disqualifies them.

Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:58 AM   #24
exfuzz02
Established Member

M.O.C. #2240
Send a message via ICQ to exfuzz02
When I received a notice for jury duty, I wrote them a letter which stated.........

"If the police had sufficient probable cause to arrest, the prosecuter had sufficient evidence to charge, then they are GUILTY !!"

I got a reply back which stated........"You are excused".......
exfuzz02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 03:44 PM   #25
keham
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3778
Excuse me if this offends.

You people chose to be SD residence so you could get the pleasure of there tax structure. And now you complain when you are called for your civic duty. Shame Shame!

You reap the rewards of claiming that as your State So do your duty.
keham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 05:02 PM   #26
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Glenn, what happened. It's now September and you were called for March. Did you go?
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 03:20 AM   #27
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Yes I did report but was not picked to sit on a jury. They had about 60 perspective jurors. They picked a total of 3 juries but I was not picked. Those of us that were not picked were sent home by 11:30.

I feel it is everyone's duty to serve on a jury and I won't shirk that duty. If I am called I will report. If it is inconvient because we are traveling and maybe 6 states away I will call in and request another date. In Florida when I called and explained I would not be available they asked me when I would be and scheduled me accordingly.
It ain't a big deal and can actually be fun and a terrific learning experience.
In most states other exemptions, beside the ones mentioned above by Bob and Lee, can be Officers of the Courts (clerks, etc), Law Enforcement Officers (Police, Sheriffs, Marshalls), Prison Guards and support staff. You will also be excused if you personally know any of the individuals involved in the case such as the plaintiff or his family, the defendent or his family any of the arresting officers, attorneys or the judge.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:13 AM   #28
syplace
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1666
We have been called, but then excused. Reason being: daughter is State Probation Agent, son-in-law is a local police officer and another daughter works for the Border Patrol. Besides that wife is too opinonated.
syplace is offline   Reply With Quote