Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Navigation
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2008, 04:26 PM   #1
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
trips with Nuvi

Finally got to take a couple of trips using the Nuvi we bought. I love the thing. Downside is out here in the boonies of the west, it gets unexciting when Nuvi alerts, "Turn left and drive 118 miles, then turn right." Yes, Not a lot of things going on in Eastern Nevada between Ely and Las Vegas (248 miles away).

illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
Take a wrong turn so it can recalculate your trip and get you back on track. That will give you and nuvi both something to do. Just a thought.

I was thinking of my run to TN from WA. Once you hit 84 and then 80 we are talking 1000+ miles on one road. Now that is boring from nuvi's viewpoint.
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:48 PM   #3
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
Had fun with my NUVI in Nov when we went from Penna to Atlanta. While traveling through WV we were looking for an RV park, none listed in the area, ask a local Park Ranger, she said that there was one down the road at the second light and turn right. We went there and turned right, no RV park but the road turned into a small 1 lane road going through the hills of WV. The NUVI told use to continue on the road to get back on our route. Well the road got narrower and I started meeting myself on the turns, No were to turn around. I just kept following the NUVI's directions and after 10 miles we came to a road with a center line and 2 miles further we came to a small highway and then the road we were originally on. Glad we had the GPS. After that I really appreciate the boring long distances in the west. Oh, the RV park was on the left side of the road, we saw it from the highway as we went past the intersection the second time.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:43 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Illapah, I got a big chuckle out of your comments, having driven US 50 ("the loneliest road") from west to east from inside California, through Nevada, Utah, to I-70 and then on through Colorado on I-70. I have to tell you I really enjoyed that drive. No traffic. Good road. I was a bit surprised to climb something like 12 moutnain ranges in Nevada and Utah, though, up to 7800 feet.

Also, I understand Ely, where you live, is the birthplace of Pat Nixon.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote