Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
TST Tire Pressure Monitoring Setup

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but here it goes...

We just put our TST Tire Pressure Monitoring system on our tires on Friday. We have the 507 with the flow-through sensors for the trailer and the standard sensors for the truck(they were cheaper).

I only had one issue setting up the sensors and that was the High & Low pressure settings. Our front tires run at 55psi so 10% below would be 50 & 20% above would be 66psi. Well when I went to set up the high/low for that set of tires it wouldn't let me input anything less than 101psi. I tried everything I could think of. I had this issue with all of the 'truck tires'. Finally I called TST and the gal explained that it was an easy fix. All you have to do is:

1. SKIP setting the high for the front and rear tires on the 'truck' portion.
2. When setting the low set it to the correct #. In this case 50psi for front and 72psi for the rears.
3. Finish setting up all your other stuff and GO BACK to the beginning and set the HIGH pressure warning for the 'truck tires'.
4. Exit setup mode as usual.

Evidently, since the system is designed for semi-trucks, you are limited to 101psi-196psi unless you let the system know (by setting the low pressure psi) that you are running a smaller tire.

Now for my take on the system. We went to Bozeman, MT this weekend 280miles round trip for us. Within a few minutes of turning the monitor on it read all of the tires. While on the road it was cool to watch the psi and temps changing (I thought they would change a lot more drastically). The only issue we had was at one point, while driving, all of a sudden we heard a single beep with NO red light. When I looked at the screen it had lost connection with the spare. So we though the sensor had fallen off. Come to find out it just lost connection but still was able to read all of the other tires just fine. Within a few minutes it quit beeping and was reading the tire PSI and temp again. Then on the way home it did the same thing but this time with a truck tire! The neat thing was that we realized as soon as it beeped that we knew something was going on and immediately we responded to it. That is peace of mind! Overall we LOVE the system!

I was able to talk to TST but for any of you that are setting up when they are closed I hope this information helps!

BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:12 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Thanks for sharing. I have the same problem with loosing contact with a sensor with my Pressure Pro so that's probably not unique to you or TST.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:01 AM   #3
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
If you continue to have problems you may have to go with the external antenna mounted under the truck.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:01 AM   #4
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
I didn't even know they had an external antennae...or is that the 'repeater'? Good to know it is not just TST! I am fine as long as I don't get any alarms!
Old 09-24-2012, 06:14 AM   #5
bigred715
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5091
I put my repeater in the bedroom closet in the trailer. They told me because I had a toolbox in the bed of my truck it was interrupting the signal I have the TST system also.
bigred715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #6
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Ohhh, interesting bigred715! I didn't know a toolbox could interfere with it that much. One time the beep sounded because the spare had lost signal and then came back 5min later. The second time it was one of the tires on the truck. So I am not sure what is causing it. It all worked out okay in the end though. I may just give them a call.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #7
RJI47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6002
Send a message via AIM to RJI47 Send a message via Yahoo to RJI47
I have an aux. fuel tank in the bed of the truck and it doesn't seem to have any affect on the sensors. Sometimes it takes about 5 minutes for all the tires to come online with the indicator, but from then on, all seems to work. I don't use the externl antenna, but I'm wondering where you would mount it under the truck....
RJI47 is offline   Reply With Quote