Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2011, 03:46 AM   #1
maximo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11371
If you have the Lippert 6 Point Leveling

I have a 2011 Big Sky 3580RL with the Lippert Leveling system.

Lippert Instructions say " To Hook Up Camper"

1. Turn panel on (Display Reads "LEVEL...JACKS DOWN).
2. Push "LEFT" and "RIGHT" buttons at the same timeand release. Camper
will return to where the sequence for auto level started, not
necessarily where it was dropped off of truck.
3. Hook up truck to camper.

AT this point I can not hook up because my trailer pin is about 2" above the hitch plate. Question: What do you do to get the pin down to the plate and continue the auto retract on the jacks. If I push the "RETRACT" button then push the "FRONT" button to lower the pin to the hitch plate then hook up and lock the hitch ad push the "UP" arrowbutton and then push the "AUTO RETRACT" then "ENTER" button the jacks do not retract. I then have to go to the manual mode to lift the jacks. This works ok but not the way the instructions say for AUTO RETRACT. I called Lippert and they gave me a talk I would have to be a MIT grad to understand.

How do you do it?

Frank

Frank

maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:23 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
If, for whatever reason, the pin does not return to the exact height for hook up, then I go to "manual" to elevate or lower to the right height, hook up and then do the "auto retract". As a safety measure, I do a visual check to make sure all legs are in the up position.

It seems to be very difficult to write an instruction manual that is universally understood. So I just figure out what makes it work for me and do it. Then I wrote out a check sheet with my procedure and laminated it and stuck it to the door.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:19 AM   #3
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by stiles watson

If, for whatever reason, the pin does not return to the exact height for hook up, then I go to "manual" to elevate or lower to the right height, hook up and then do the "auto retract". As a safety measure, I do a visual check to make sure all legs are in the up position.

It seems to be very difficult to write an instruction manual that is universally understood. So I just figure out what makes it work for me and do it. Then I wrote out a check sheet with my procedure and laminated it and stuck it to the door.

We do the same with no problems.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:27 AM   #4
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Greetings from Red River New Mexico. This is our second Lippert Level up system. And on both occasions we went with the Manual system it works for us. We almost had the Auto Level up added in April 2011, but decided not at this time, it can be added at anytime in less than a hour..

If you can get in touch with Bob Tigi he knows the system, Bob was one of the designers and engineers of the Level Up system. Don't know what Bob is doing since Dale Fenton sold Trail Air to Lippert. I'm sure there was a major change when Trail Aire was sold.

I have seen this Auto System demstrated many times by Bob. But I have just to many Auto systems now, it takes less than 5 minutes to set up after getting onto the site with the manual system.

P.S. Hope you get the system right it is frustrated when things do work as its suppost to.....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #5
ctomwood
Established Member

M.O.C. #9744
I made up a magmet with a change attached the right height to hook up at. Attached to pin plate raise or lower untill right heigth put chain abd magmet in side pin. Work great ever time.
ctomwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:03 AM   #6
Wiesehan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9711
Send a message via Yahoo to Wiesehan
I am new to the system, but this is what works for me so far. After unhooking I move truck then lower to nose of coach to the hook up height and then use the auto level. When I get ready to hook up again the coach raises to the height where the auto level started it's sequence, not to the height I actually unhooked.
Don
Wheel to wheel SS side bars
Wiesehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #7
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wiesehan

I am new to the system, but this is what works for me so far. After unhooking I move truck then lower to nose of coach to the hook up height and then use the auto level. When I get ready to hook up again the coach raises to the height where the auto level started it's sequence, not to the height I actually unhooked.
Don

That makes sense to me, I`ll try it.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:29 AM   #8
Bonaventure
Established Member

M.O.C. #11228
Go to Lippert site and get all the info on manual operation.

www.LSI1.com Tons of info and operations manuals under "support"

Rick
Ashtabula, OH, 2012 3665 Big Sky, 2011 RAM Laramie 3500 dually long bed.
Bonaventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:51 AM   #9
maximo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11371
Bonaventure, Not with that web site

Frank
maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:33 PM   #10
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bonaventure

Go to Lippert site and get all the info on manual operation.

www.LSI1.com Tons of info and operations manuals under "support"

Rick
Ashtabula, OH, 2012 3665 Big Sky, 2011 RAM Laramie 3500 dually long bed.
The correct URL for Lippert is
http://www.lci1.com

The provided link is incorrect and goes to
Life Scientific - a company serving the needs of the Pharmaceutical Production, Biotech and R&D markets.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:46 PM   #11
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
You might need some Pharmaceuticals after getting frustrated with the Level Up System

Jack
Old 10-27-2011, 04:17 AM   #12
Bonaventure
Established Member

M.O.C. #11228
Just happened to drop back in and apologize for the wrong Lippert web address. It is indeed www.lci1.com
Bonaventure is offline   Reply With Quote