Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2010, 05:45 AM   #1
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Replace faceplate on Dell???

Does anyone know what is involved in replacing the faceplate on a laptop? I have a 1564 Dell Inspiron that got badly scratched over the holiday. It is very deeply scratched. To bad to replace it with a skin. The cord and I got entangled and the top of the lap top took a beating against the fireplace. Och! The good news is the computer itself is fine no damange. I called Dell and got a replacement top for $39.00. Not bad. Can this easily be snapped on and off or it is involved that a professional needs to do the job? Dell wanted to sell me a warranty for $139.00 which would cover any personal neglect..... I'd rather not go that route if it can easily be switched.

cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:27 AM   #2
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
If you're comfortable with taking things apart, and putting them back together again, you shouldn't have a problem. Dell has pretty good service documentation, and you may even be able to find a video on youtube. Check with your local computer geek, or someone like Geek Squad at BestBuy, to see how much they'd charge to make the change for you.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote