Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2005, 03:36 AM   #1
genecurp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2535
moisture and humidity

We have just moved in our Monty within the last month. Living in moderate cold in Tennessee. The owners manual warns against moisture condensation inside the coach but in relation to the air conditioner. I have read elsewhere that condensation can occur in the walls or ceiling of some coaches sometimes. The Owners manual suggests heat from normal light bulbs can cause moisture problems in the ceilings.

So we always open a vent when showering. We run the exhaust vent over the stove when cooking. (The wife has yet to use the vent when doing dishes, but I guess I could start doing them!) That is all the venting we do. I have notice condensation only once on the kitchen window, vent fan running, while boiling some spuds.

Are we venting enought for winter? What should I be looking for?

Thanks to all
genecurp is offline   Reply With Quote