Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Now have a new bedsaver

We are through at the Blue Ox factory. We had a Blue Ox bedsaver on our truck when we started this journey in January. When we got to Texas we purchased a new, to us, TV. We changed from a Reese hitch to a Curt slider and our bedsaver could not be adapted to fit on our new hitch. Blue Ox did not make one that fit on this hitch so we called them. We were asked if we could come by their factory and we were able to do that. They put us up in their on-site full hookup RV park and took the hitch Wednesday. Today, they reinstalled our hitch complete with a newly designed besaver. They now have a design for our type hitch and we have a bedsaver that fits. We had plans for this afternoon so were allowed to stay another night in their RV park. Oh, and this was at no added cost to us. We are happy campers and impressed by the way that Blue Ox treated us.

boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:41 AM   #2
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
boylanag that was great you could take it there. I still have not got any justice from them on the bed saver I bought for my Husky 16 K. I have put it up for sale and whoever buys it will have to be there in person, since blue Ox insists it fits My hitch. I would want to make sure it fits the person hitch before they buy it. I would still like to have one. Until some other company makes one that would fit mine, I will have to be careful and hope I don't have a disconnect without it on. I don't have the time to take it to them, but I did sent pictures and they couldn't tell what to do with it. They just said to drill a couple of holes and install. Its 2 1/2 inches to wide to even touch the hitch. Sorry for venting here, have a great spring.
randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:05 AM   #3
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
I can understand your frustration, Randye. We are in the fortunate position now to have been able to take the time to get this done but this has not always been so. You have a great spring, also. - Jim
Old 05-09-2010, 04:49 AM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
This new Bedsaver Jim has is SWEET! It is part of the yolk of his hitch and you don't even realize it it a Bedsaver unless you talk to Jim! Had the pleasure of having lunch and a good sitdown discussion with Jim and Carol the day he had it installed.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:21 AM   #5
Jdrobone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9833
Randye,
as you can tell from my other posts on this subject I am still waiting (fingers crossed). I have a reservation at a campground on June 1, and I'm getting a little nervous.
Jerry
Jdrobone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:05 PM   #6
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Jerry-- Have your tried to call Blue Ox directly instead of just emailing them to see what the status is on your Bedsaver? I know it sounds corny but sometimes it takes some honey to get the bear to come on in to the cage! I'm sure that if Jim had his taken care of like he did, even though he was on site with his hitch, they are working on yours. Since you do have a different type or model of a Husky hitch than they have made in the past they do need to work on the best possible way to manufacture the Bedsaver specificallly for your hitch. It's to bad companies keep changing things but without change there is no improvement. I'm sure Blue Ox will come through for you and all other owners of the specific model hitch you have. They came through with Jim's hitch and I'm sure they will with yours and Randye also because it sounds like you have the same hitch!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #7
Jdrobone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9833
Thanks for the post Ron, and yes, from some of my previous posts on the subject, I have talked to "Mandy" a number of times. Last Thursday morning was the last time. I asked the status of my hitch and she promised (10 am) to talk to her development people and call me after lunch.
No call Thur or Friday.
Jerry
Old 05-09-2010, 03:22 PM   #8
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Jim, That is good that a company steps up to the plate, they could have told you they don't make one for your hitch. Although now they have another hitch they can advertise their product for. I wish they made one for the TrailerSaver hitch. Where are they located?????

Phil
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:40 PM   #9
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Phil, they are in Pender, NE, north of Omaha. Jerry, try asking for Michael Swan. He is the one that took such great care of us. He does travel a lot and is out but keep calling. - Jim
Old 05-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #10
Jdrobone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9833
Thanks Jim
Old 05-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #11
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
How abput coming to our Rally in Nebraska and you can just go on up to Pender--about 2 hrs away from the Rally site
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:09 PM   #12
Jdrobone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9833
Paul,
If you're talking to me that's a bit tricky. They've got my hitch!
Jerry
Old 05-14-2010, 11:15 AM   #13
Jdrobone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9833
Randye,
For you and the other members kind enough to post on this topic, thanks for your support.
Just over an hour ago I got my hitch back with the new Blue OX bedsaver installed. I must have a parallel thread going somewhere 'cause I remember comments from Art about me having a Husky 16 K "S" versus a Husky 16 K. Strangely enough the manual that came with it calls for it to fit a Husky/Valley 15 & 16K.
Also, Randye I have an exploded view of the hitch with part numbers, if it would help you any just PM me and I'll be glad to furnish them for you.
I must admit now, seems like over a month has elapsed and I fast losing confidence but they did come through, so KUDOS to Blue Ox.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:32 PM   #14
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Glad things turned out OK, Jerry.