Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
blamb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8858
Toilet bowl seal broken

My sealand porcelain toilet is no longer holding clean water in the bowl after a flush (like a normal house toilet). I didn't realize how much I appreciated a bowl filled with water when I went to the bathroom, until it wasn't. LOL.

I checked the rubber seal around the part that opens and closes at the bottom, that is obviously where all the water is leaking and seeping away into. But I can not for the life of me figure out why, nothing looks any different than it did before. I don't see where to fix it or how. Any ideas?

blamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:31 PM   #2
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
Just went through this on ours. I purchased a new rubber seal Kit >$41.00 but when I took things apart I noticed there was some hidden dried gunk and crud on the ball that probably was really causing the leak. I replaced the rubber seal anyway since I had already purchased it. But.... try cleaning the ball first if it shows some hidden stuff when you remove the stool from its mounting. I couldn't see anything really wrong with the rubber seal either. Make sure you get everything centered around ball upon re-installation.
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:46 AM   #3
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
From day one, our toilet never held water in the bowl "like a normal house toilet". It eventually seeps out. We just put water in the bowl before use as needed and it's not a problem.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:33 AM   #4
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
Call Sealand and they will send you a tool to fix this.
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:05 AM   #5
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
First I wouyld try doing a normal flush and before you lift your foot off the peddle just slide your foot off and let it slam shut. That is what the instructions say. "Let the ball "snap" shut". But as far as calling Sealand don't bother, Call Dometic, they own Sealand now and when I tried the Sealand numbers I didn't get through. I called Dometic and they were very helpful and are sending out the parts I need free under warranty... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote