Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2008, 04:00 AM   #1
Dennis and Carol
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #53
TV removal in a 3400

Yesterday, purchased a new HD TV. Now my problem is to remove the old one. Fairly sure it is held in by a couple of screws, on at the top and one at the bottom. Has anyone figured out how to get to them. The bottom one looks like the fireplace must be removed. The top one, I don't have a clue. About ready to get a hacksaw blade and try to just cut them off. Any help will be appreciated.

Dennis and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:03 AM   #2
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
I believe the top screw is behind the center speaker for the surround system and the bottom screw is just behind the facade for the fireplace. Others have removed the speaker, there is a button covering the screw holding the speaker. They have also removed the fireplace to gain access to the screw on the bottom.

Hope this helps
bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:05 AM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Dennis,
On my 3400RL without the fireplace, I remove the "VHS Storage" slide out. Look in there with a flashlight. You will see a clip at the rear of the metal slider. Push or pull (don't remember which)the clip until it releases. Have someone at the front of the tv to grasp it at the bottom sides and gently wiggle it when you release the clip. it will slide forward. It will not fall. I have never had it completely off, but I have pulled it out all the way to work on the connections on the back.

Hope that helps.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:37 AM   #4
Dennis and Carol
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #53
Great!!!! Got the top screw out. Now is there a good way to get the plugs out of the wood trim around the fireplace. Have tried my pocket knife with no success. I am afraid I will mess up the finish if I dig much more.
Dennis and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:18 AM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Dennis,
We had to drill ours out and buy new ones. I think they must of been glued in. I've never seen ones so hard to get out. The ones in other places keep falling out.
Happy trails.............................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:50 AM   #6
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
Maybe your initial idea will work for the bottom screw. Can you "saw" the screww without damaging the wood? Then possibly you can "clean up" the screw after the TV is out?
bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:19 AM   #7
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Dennis I just had a problem and had tro remove the TV. Ours were located in the top corner behind the grill of the fire place. I was happy I checked as the plugs were being difficult. I would have had to drill them out to get them out.
I needed a flashlight to see them, they were square head and not phillips.
Chuck
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote