Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2010, 01:53 PM   #1
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Spartan & Tuner

http://www.spartandieseltech.com/for...ead.php?t=1844
Those who have worried about their warranty or have thought about installing a tuner on their 08 - 2010 Ford 6.4 you might be interested in this. Maybe the best computer guys don't work for Ford.
Lynwood

mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:28 AM   #2
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
I think this might be the exception and not the rule if it is in fact true. If the tuner caused the problem and more than likely it did all this would have been prevented by not using a tuner. Was there that much to gain?
Bill
William H. Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:45 AM   #3
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
Normally a piston cracking and scuffing the cylinder has nothing to do with a tuner. If the piston melted and scuffed the cylinder; different story. Also a tuner will not likely make an injector or pump fail; this is a problem of some other type like fuel quality, or a faulty pump that forwarded parts from the pump into the injector(s). That's likely why Ford backed the warranty even if they knew a tuner was in place. My experience and opinion.
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:02 PM   #4
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I took my truck in to the dealer to have the fan checked. Every body at the dealer knows I have a Spartan tuner. After the Ford certified tech checked my fan with their Ford computer he tried to find evidence of my tuner and could not, and this is with the tuner on the truck and working. I was with him when he checked and watched him. I do not know how through he checked but he said there was no evidence of a tuner on the truck.
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote