Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2010, 06:06 PM   #1
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
Illusive Mouse III

Well here we go again!!!
Well we left NH in September and went to Elkhart, IN for the Montana rally.
Then on to MN, then SD, Mt Rushmore then WY, CO and on to AZ.
We have been here almost 2 weeks and it has been and 5 weeks since NH and 3800 miles.
Well last night my wife says again she hear something scratching, and of course I said it was the clock again, oh when will I learn, then I heard it.
I had put the traps in a bags in the basement.
I got them out and put the crunchy Skippy on the traps and set them in the basement.
I got back inside the coach and sat back down in my chair and we heard 'SNAP", well i checked and Carlson 1 Mice 0
Reset the traps this morning, Carlson 3, Mice 0 and tonight, Carlson 5 and Mice 0.
What the hell.
5 weeks, 3800 miles, no signs of droppings and then "THERE THEY ARE"
After the Montana rally factory tour, I can see how and where they are able to travel where the want to.
I have plugged everywhere I can, but they know one place I have not.
Just wanted to update anyone who has been following Illusive Mouse I, Illusive Mouse II and now #3.
We check and there are no field mice in this area of AZ, just Pack Rats and Ground Squirrels.
E. Sven

carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:39 PM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Sven-- You seem to attract those things! What's up with that??? If you start to find nuts or rocks in you unit and are missing small items, you'd better get bigger traps and some of those sticky trays. Those packrats can be a real pain! I put two oof the sticky traps out in our storage shed last week and the day after I set them I had four on one trap and two on another! Have reset more traps today to see if I get more! Unfortunately, I had put some grass seed in the shed and that's what's attracting them!
If you have a Menards or Tractor Supply(or any farm supply store) near you, get some of the herbal packages of Happy Cab. It's an herbal repellent and it sure does work for us here in Nebraska. I put some in the basement, and scatter a few packets around inside- under the sinks and under the drawers in the cabinets and dressers. Haven't had any problems so far!(keeping my fingers crossed)
By the way, I think I forgot to thank you for the help with the breakfast at the Fall Rally. That grill was a real blessing! Thanks again!!
Keep us informed on the Mickey Mouse problem and have a great winter.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote