Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2007, 01:57 AM   #41
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
John, you getting a kick back from Ford if people buy a King Ranch?

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:18 AM   #42
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
They had a KR on the lot, fully loaded that they tried their best to sell me,I said the KR option does not make it pull any better and I would take it if they deducted the cost of the option....no cigar..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 05:57 AM   #43
Dave Nowlin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7253
You have to quit wanting the cigar. They are bad for you anyway.
Dave Nowlin
Dave Nowlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 06:18 AM   #44
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Looks to me like ole Rich is in "heat" this time. Those sealers are going to sell a Ford, so they better get in line. g
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 06:51 AM   #45
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
The King Ranch leather is so much of an improvement over the other leather it's worth it if you keep your truck for a long time. Keep it clean and conditioned and it will outlast the rest of the truck. This is my second one and we love the KR option.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 06:55 AM   #46
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Rich, the resale value will be higher on that King Ranch. You are hooked so just go all the way. One extra charter a month will take care of the difference.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:14 AM   #47
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Fortunately for me they could not sell the KR and traded it off to another dealer.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:23 AM   #48
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Rich, I already promised you $10.00 to help out, and I am sure you can pull some extra school bus trips to make up the difference of the KR options. Helen deserve's the best, you would be doing it for her......and I will go OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH and AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW when you get Branson... Promise... I think the KR come's with a 12 Volt Blender as STANDARD EQUIPMENT. What more could a man want. Ford is hinging the whole company on your SALE. Rich - You don't want to be the one that pulled the plug on one of the BIG THREE. It WOULD BE UNAMERICAN RICH... Do you Part...Fly the Flag and Sign the contract and all will be good with the world.... Safe Travels My Friend John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:39 PM   #49
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
In line with the post from our good friend John

Hey, buy that thing, will ya???? Help finance Al's retirement.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 01:04 PM   #50
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Well John has not been any help what so ever in my attempts at self control as a matter of fact no one has been any help including ole Helen who just says..well go buy the thing. What it is going to come down to is we can not order one as it might not be here before we leave for the winter or we would be cutting it to close so IF they can find one on someones lot that is what we want we will go with it. I have been searching myself and have not come up with one. We also have to get the rebates sorted out. The dealership does not seem to know,,but I do ...so I have to gather the info and E mail it to them. There is a 3K cash back incentive AND a 1K customer loyalty incentive IF you finance with FOMOCO and are approved for a loan,,,which we are (advance planning) There is also the matter of the Dealer Holdback which I got last time but the sales manager knows nothing about (allegedly) We have till Sept 3rd so they had better get on the ball if they want to sell a truck. We are leaving for the MOC rally Sept 14th (stop at the Montana Dealer) so there is the target date. New truck ready to go by Sept 13th.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:28 PM   #51
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
That is why I bought one off the lot, instead of ordering it. The one we bought had heated seats, and heated mirrors, which I wouldn't have ordered, but the basic truck, including color and 4 doors was the same.
I think I got a good deal.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:45 PM   #52
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
You guys & gals, have been a great help. I did a lot of research but real time first hand experience from folks you can trust is priceless. We will go with the 4X4(don't think I had a choice there) and we will drop the 4:30 diff for the 3:73. I will wait till Tuesday the 28th then ask them to start looking. Hope they can find a truck.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:10 PM   #53
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Rich I just got back in myself from a day of looking. KR had a 55900 sticker x plan = 50k and change the employee A plan was 48K and change.

thoughts on the KR not impressed and this is from someone who likes FORD TRUCKS.

also they will find the 373 as my dealer pulled 10 in a 200 mi radius.
my guess is Rich they will find the truck if they work the hold back that is another story.
good luck
chuck
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 06:16 PM   #54
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Ozz (and Rich): Heated mirrors are nice -- ice/mist clear fast and make rear visability so much better. Heated seats -- have them and I think my wife has used hers several times but, although I tested them to make sure they worked, I've never ran with them on. That said, the other option to consider is the heated rear window -- if you don't get the sliding window, do get the heated rear window (some states require it if you register there) but better, it does help on those cold (cool) winter mornings to clear to mist or frost!! Finally, rear vehicle sensors -- they should be required on every TV (and I hate the bleating as much as anyone else) but these things are big and there is one nasty blind spot behind that tailgate. If you can't be like Ozz (and have a camera), then the back-up sensors are. (Dodge doesn't have them and I wish they could be added, even aftermarket). Off my soapbox.

Best wishes on what-ever you get Rich.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:08 AM   #55
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Skypilot, my lifestyle now is Wintering in Texas, so that is why I did not want the heated seats and mirrors, but I would imagine I will run into some instances that they will come in handy.
I had the sensors on my Excursion, that monster had a giant blind spot, but they just irritated me to no end, I swore I would never have the again.
My practical side sees the need for them, it's just that I hate for some electrical device to scold me......
I would think you could get an after market sensor system.
Thanks for the ideas.
Ozz
Old 08-26-2007, 03:14 AM   #56
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
lwcdg..my thought on the KR..very nice option but it will not pull any better than the lariat option. I got near the same X plan price on one. Will spend the extra $ on fuel.Have heated mirrors on the 05..good option as for heated seats, heated rear window, etc...We now go to a heated State like Az or Fla for the winter. The busses I drive have the backup sensors and the intent is to to warn the other guy you are backing they do not help the driver at all..the driver needs to use the mirrors and swivel the neck.IMO it shgould be law that EVERY camper be equiped with a rear view camers...Talk about a blind spot and a safety hazzard. Even with the beepers and the neck swivel I once backed into a Yugo..It was to small to see..the rear view cam could have prevented that..(I hit it at maybe 2 or 3MPH and it came apart) Of course the bus weighedd 30K +
Old 08-26-2007, 06:20 AM   #57
tcorbitt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5799
Not to over dwell on the King Ranch, I too was not looking for one when we upgraded in 06. I did want leather really because we keep our vehicles 8-10 years and the leather wears better and is easier to clean. When shopping, we liked the white/tan color combo as it matched the Mountianeer. If that combo, KR was all they had on the lot. The price was really not a lot more so we went for it (and love it to this day).

True it doesn't pull any better than standard trim, however I think it rides better, especially when towing. Now almost 2 years old and 35K it just gets better and better. My in laws have the same truck, leather but not king ranch. We both agreed, the seats make the ride more comfortable... Just another thought to consider.... Sorry

Tim
tcorbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:03 AM   #58
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I agree that the leather is much better in the KR..however I do not like leather seats at all..Wish we could order the Lariat package without them and the XLT package with the options we need and without the leather is just a couple of hundred $ less than the Lariat. We have those nice leather seats and I put a cover on them so I do not have to stick to them in the summer.They have heated seats ..why not cooled.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:39 AM   #59
Eagle Man
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7430
Regarding seats, I don't know how Ford's work, but Chevy's seats have two selections. One is to heat the back and seat cushions the second is for the back only. At times, even in the summer, we turn on the 'back only' feature. It can be very nice after a long day.
Eagle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:52 AM   #60
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Emmel

I say to go for it Rich, you can't take it with you! Now I wonder if the local dealer that said he would give me the GM employee discount will do the rebates also!
After getting the early Duramax and the injector problem in California, I think I'll wait for a couple more years for the NEW Ford diesel. Kind of makes you a little nervous.
I do really like my GMC, but I will intertain the Ford offer when I get ready to trade!
Steve, they oughta. When I bought this Dodge, I got the xplan price plus the $3500 cashback.

Rich, go for it. It's a gorgeous truck. As you know from our emails, I came very close to buying the new Ford.

The 3.73 axle is the standard axle on those Fords. We had that axle on the 2003 and 2005's and found it decent for towing while getting better mileage than the lower axles (numerically higher). The Dodge also has the 3.73.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote