Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2012, 02:38 AM   #1
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Marin RV Park, California

Anyone have a handle on this park? Location looks good for a San Francisco visit, but would like to see some pictures of the place, or at least chat with someone who has been there. Web site has no pictures.

washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:00 AM   #2
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Walt, I did a Google Map search on "2140 Redwood Hwy, Greenbrae, CA," which is shown as the address for Marin RV park. Looks like it is in an industrial center (from overhead imagery). You may want to look at Google maps before you reserve.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:12 AM   #3
GregN
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6790
You might want to look at this site. Reviews from people the have stayed there. Just scroll down to the park.

http://campgroundreviews.com/regions/Cal...Greenbrae.html
Old 03-12-2012, 04:58 AM   #4
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Walt & Carol,
We live in the area and it would not be our choice. We frequently stay at SF Rv Park in Pacifica. Spots that back right up to the Ocean are very tight and expensive but the view is awesome. Inland sites are somewhat larger and less pricey. Park is nothing special but the location to SF is good. Bart station is close by in Daly City so you don't have to drive into SF and park. Petaluma KOA is nice although farther away.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Thanks to all for the info! Industrial does not sound good. The reviews that GregN referred to are mixed. Ken, we looked at the place in Pacifica when we flew out last September. Awesome views, yes, but as you said, tight and pricey. Our son and his fiancee live across the bay in Emeryville, but there is little over there that looks any better. More research needed I guess!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Here's a link I found.

http://www.marinrvpark.com/newsite/index.php

If you scroll down and click on the link under directions it does show a very good overhead picture of the RV park. It looks like there's a section for mobile homes and a section for self-contained trailers that are no more than 15 years old.

It looks like you're packed tight and it's mostly concrete sites, but I've stayed at places like these for temporary visits to certain places (San Fran and Las Vegas, no more than a few days). I might even stay there if I intended to spend a lot of time at the RV site so it would depend on the planned activities and for how long. If I was in a much smaller rig, I'd be concerned but that's why we have a large comfortable Monty and it's not so bad since it provides plenty of comforts inside.

There are better places, some are membership, but these would be more expensive. At least it seems there's more than one option.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #7
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
This is a difficult area to find RV parks in. You might check with some fairgrounds in the area & see if available for the time of year you want. Last year we stayed at Trailer Villa in San Jose. A bit of a drive to Emeryville, but you cannot avoid driving a bit in this area. Just limit driving between 10-2 and 6-8.
Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #8
maximo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11371
Sorry, I would not go to S.F. if the RV Parks were free.

Frank
maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #9
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Frank,
I don't know why you are down on San Fran, but it's OK if you feel that way. I know it's full of looney toons and liberals, but I have always loved to visit there, starting when I was stationed in northern California in '68. On top of that, my eldest has made it his home for now, so you go where the kids are. At least we are safe when we walk the streets with him...he's a federal agent, with a badge and a gun! Thanks everyone for the input. Back to the drawing boards...
Old 03-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #10
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
We have a son & 4 grandchildren in Sunnyvale, Ca. So it also is a must to find a park in the area. Have contemplated the fairgrounds in Pleasanton. We drove thru it several years ago & thought we would again check it out this next visit in May.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:05 AM   #11
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Looked at the fairgrounds, but unsure how appropriate they would be. And do they even have hook ups? Not a boon docker.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:26 AM   #12
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
We have stayed at the Pleasanton RV Park at the fairgrounds. It's a nice park, full hook ups, no amenities but well maintained. It's in a nice area of town, lots of restaurants, etc. You're about 30 miles to Emmeryville from there and about 40 miles from Petaluma. Pleasanton you can take Bart if you wish and you'll have no bridge tolls driving. Both parks are much better that Marin IMHO.

Ken
Old 03-13-2012, 06:36 AM   #13
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
brenko, Is it all a paved lot? Any grass to walk the dog on?
Old 03-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #14
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by washley1

Frank,
I don't know why you are down on San Fran, but it's OK if you feel that way. I know it's full of looney toons and liberals, but I have always loved to visit there, starting when I was stationed in northern California in '68. On top of that, my eldest has made it his home for now, so you go where the kids are. At least we are safe when we walk the streets with him...he's a federal agent, with a badge and a gun! Thanks everyone for the input. Back to the drawing boards...
Walt, no indication from Frank why he feels San Fran is not a place he would like to go to...personally, we love the area! Although, it can be pricey!
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #15
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Walt, as I remember, grass & trees, not paved!!!
Old 03-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #16
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I am a fan of the SF area and agree that if someone posts their opinion that they wouldn't want to go there, then that's an off-topic comment and not addressing what the OP wanted, especially if they don't say what they didn't like. I am sure there are many more people who have enjoyed their visit to the Bay area than not. The OP has great reasons for going and are therefore committed to going there so not going is not a concern.

Personally, I am a great fan of the area. The beauty, history, culture and even some of the people are worth the experience. I certainly would not mind going back up there and hope the OP posts their experience of where they stayed and how they liked it.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:37 AM   #17
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
I recall the sites are paved but there is a number of trees and lawn areas. I think the pull through area are grass but I'm not sure. Not a bad park. Google earth shows it fairly well.
Ken
Old 03-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #18
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by maximo

Sorry, I would not go to S.F. if the RV Parks were free.

Frank
Why would anyone want to try and spoil someones vacation.
Way off topic.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #19
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053

[/quote]Walt, no indication from Frank why he feels San Fran is not a place he would like to go to...personally, we love the area! Although, it can be pricey!
[/quote]

Pricey is right! We tried to tell our son not to request a transfer there, but he spent 4 years living on his own in London, one of the most expensive cities in the world, and the last few years in DC, so he figured SF was no worse. They've been there about 9 months now, and he has not gone broke yet....
Old 03-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #20
TerryClaudia
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12055
Terry & I also stayed in Pacifica RV park, not far from San Francisco and we loved it. Watch out for the fog there's nothing like it in SF. Well worth staying for the views.
TerryClaudia is offline   Reply With Quote