Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #1
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Link Broken

I am unable to access the forum from either the web page or by entering the address on the address bar. It always comes back "link appears to be broken". I then can log in through a cached page. Anything I can do to fix this problem? Thanks.

Pam

bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:52 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Pam,

Must be something on your end. We've not experienced any problem here. We get on several times a day and have not had a problem

You might make sure your cookies are set correctly. Sometimes clearing them out will solve such problems. But you'd better wait for a "true" techie type to come along and address your situation.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:56 PM   #3
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
No problem here either and I've used Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:02 PM   #4
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
No problem here, either, and we're using Internet Explorer with--gasp--Vista. At work today, I accessed the forum (don't tell my boss) through Firefox.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:15 AM   #5
deadeye
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6693
Bob n pam:
I screwed up my own system the other day. I was looking at the calendar to see when I needed or wanted to take off to go somewhere. I forgot to reset the calendar back to the correct date of today. It was set two months ahead. This screws up the cookie function of your computer. Check yours... Just a thought. Just double click on the clock in the lower right corner and see what date it is set on... Once I corrected it, everything worked fine... JB
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:46 PM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
OOOO, clock, calendar?? We just changed to Daylight Savings time, maybe Pam's clock is messed up??? Mine changed automatically, but, some may not???
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:28 PM   #7
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Thanks everybody. I actually reset the privacy setting on my internet options to include forumco.com and also my cookie setting. I don't know what unset them, but something did. Seems to be working okay now.

Pam
Old 03-13-2009, 02:14 PM   #8
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Well, same thing happened today. This is crazy. I had to log on through a Google cached page.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #9
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Are you using AOL?
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:55 AM   #10
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Waynem, no I'm using IE7, connecting with an AT&T laptop connect card. Any ideas?
Old 03-15-2009, 03:30 AM   #11
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Bob n Pam,
It sounds like you may be using a firewall, or the built in Windows firewall. If so, you need to set an exclusion in the firewall. I do not use a windows firewall so I do not know how to set an exclusion in that media.

First, try seting the exclusion in the browswer you are using. I don't have IE on the iMac, but typically you would go into your internet options, security, and see if there are "allow" exclusions there. Same for other firewalls. For an exclusion, you would want to set it this way:

*montanaowners.com

The asterisk is a wild card that should allow any web page within the montanaowners.com domain to show on your browswer.

After setting it, clear out your cache. What I used to do for Windows IE Cache was set it all to 0 so it kept no cache. Also, somewhere in your browser options there should be a check box to "reload all pages," or some other words to that affect.

Let me know how that does.

Good luck

Darn! I have been "Out of the loop," to long.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:43 PM   #12
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Waynem, tried this, but didn't work. Thanks for the help though. I'll just muddle along until I get to my son-in-law's in a couple of weeks and let him take a whack at it.

Pam