Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2008, 02:17 PM   #1
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Drama last night - everything turned out ok

We are sitting here at Bear Creek RV Park in Seward living our happy little lives. About 9:00 pm yesterday, we are sitting in the rig watching TV. We notice a lot of people out and about. Looking in the back of our truck, in my car, under the rig, etc. That perked our curiosity. We turn around and on the snow berm (that is now only about 8 feet high) outside our window is the owner, Dave. Bernie opens the window and asks what's going on. Dave said, a 4 year old is missing. We throw on shoes and run outside. Bernie climbs the ladder on the rig to make sure Ryan isn't on top of our RV or our neighbor's. All you could hear were folks calling for him. Remember it's now 9:00 pm. His name is Ryan and he hasn't been seen since 6:00 pm. All anyone can think of is the bears are now up from their winter naps and are very hungry. There have been multiple sightings around here in the past 2 weeks.

Ryan and his family live in the back row of the RV park where they have the mobile homes. He doesn't usually wander off, they say. So, Fire and Rescue is searching the back trails and the mountains across the street. The State Troopers have search helicopters in the air. 911 called every land line in town with a recorded message stating the child is missing. Half of Seward was here looking.

About 11:00 pm they found him safe and sound. Praise the Lord! I haven't found out where they found him. Just that he's home and is safe.

What a sight last night to see this little town come out in such full force. I am so proud to call myself a Seward resident and proud of my fellow townfolks for the effort exerted last night to find this little boy.

I love happy endings!
Tammy

Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:45 PM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Well, I guess that would get everyone excited!
Glad he was found ok.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:26 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Tammy, I like happy endings too. Good report.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:35 PM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Very nice ending to the story.
Thanks.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote