Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2018, 06:20 PM   #21
wade
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22358
convenience of solid steps

just wondering how well these steps work when you have to stop on the side of the road real quick to get in the fridge or use the bathroom , do the steps have to touch the ground to step on them or can they just hang there while you step on them, just for a quick entry. what about stopping somewhere in a parking lot with other cars or trucks beside you would there be enough room for them to swing out and down or are you going to have to pick your spot to park. And if you have to adjust them to hit the ground every time you need to make a quick stop in the camper sounds like a hassle. that's why I like the old standard ones that flip down. Just fold down a couple steps and jump in. But our camper our fridge and bathroom and bedroom are assessable without the slides open. works nice stopping on the road

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 06:50 PM   #22
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Yes they need to touch the ground, Yes you need to pick you parking spot and hope no one pulls in too close while they're out.
We have the MORryde version, but drilled out the top rivits and using pins, so we leave ours in Florida and use our OEM steps during the summer when we're on the move all summer, but for six months or more the MORryde or Lippert steps are great.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:12 PM   #23
Caniel
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21610
Same here

Caniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:45 AM   #24
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb27537 View Post
Well I got my new Lippert steps Friday, on time. Just one problem. LIPPERT has no clue on how to build a cardboard box that will contain 60lbs of metal.

The box was open when it arrived, no hardware inside, bent in several places, and right side frame twisted. Box tore all to hell.

Called place where I bought them, take pictures, send them in, now wait for them to get UPS to pick them up for inspection.

Lucky I am here till the end of the month so UPS hopefully can get them picked up.

Just another Lippert experience?.....

I'm sorry to hear that but a couple others on different forums have reported their Lippert or MORryde steps damaged in transit. They, to me, are just too unwieldly for UPS to handle without damage though the lady UPS delivery person had no trouble

I must have gotten the 'special' packaging as ours were undamaged, in a very heavy tri-wall box, some foam and bubble pack and 4 nylon straps holding it all togeter
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:47 AM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We still use the OEM steps with no problems replacement steps are way down our bucket list.We do not seem to have the issues that others here have.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:50 AM   #26
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
I have the 1st generation of Mor-Ryde steps.I have to latch mine on to use them. The advantage to mine is if i stop for potty break or for the fridge then i can just fold down my old steps and when i park for the evening i can latch my Mor-Ryde steps on. This is not a lot of trouble but you do have to store them.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote