Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2004, 03:44 AM   #1
johnsonfe

M.O.C. #2141
Send a message via MSN to johnsonfe
Hello

Donna and I have just purchesed an 03 3295RK and are headed out this coming weekend for our first outing... our camping club fall campout... we ended up chosing a gooseneck hitch adapter as our truck already had a gooseneck mount in the bead... anyone have any experence with one and good or bad to report???

thanks for the great forum...

fulltime in 4years
Donna and Frank
03 3295RK
96 K3500 Dur..

johnsonfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 07:21 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Sorry I can't help with the gooseneck just wanted to welcome you two to the MOC.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 07:50 AM   #3
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Welcome Donna and Frank to the MOC, Congratulations on your new purchase. We look forward to seeing your post and hearing about all your great adventures. Happy RVing
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 10:02 AM   #4
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Welcome to the MOC. Glad to hve you. Join in anytime,
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 10:25 AM   #5
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
hello and welcome...nice unit you bought, but sorry I don't have goose neck either.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 11:44 AM   #6
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Congratulations on your Montana coach. Also can't help you with the hitch, however welcome to the forum and hope to hear more from you. Happyrving...
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 01:47 AM   #7
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Met someone at a Flying J that had the gooseneck. He was a farmer and it served a dual purpose with the farm equip. He said it worked great. Might not be much help but that's all I have got to offer.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 10:56 AM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard, Donna and Frank! Good to hear from you. I hope you enjoy that 3295RK as much as we do ours. Did you get the early or late '03? The early '03, like ours, has two steps from downstairs to bath area and another step from bath to bed area. The late '03 has a number of improvements suggested in this forum and can be identified by having three steps from living to bath area and a flat floor between bath and bed areas. In any case, they're both terrific and we hope you get many years of enjoyment from it.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 01:50 PM   #9
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Welcome aboard! Hope you find info about the gooseneck. I am totally ignorant about the differences between truck bed connections. Heck, I thought they were all "goosenecks". Duh... Happy trails
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:28 AM   #10
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Welcome aboard, You may want to do a search, someone my be able to help with your concern.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:47 AM   #11
Montana_1280
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1280
Purchased used truck with gooseneck already installed by previous owner to pull horse trailer. Salesperson where we purchased our 3295RK told us we could obtain an adapter that allowed towing using ball already installed for gooseneck. I opted to go with 5th wheel. He assured us that the gooseneck worked quite well. Just felt better about going with 5th wheel. Happy trails..
Montana_1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 05:02 AM   #12
johnsonfe

M.O.C. #2141
Send a message via MSN to johnsonfe
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Welcome aboard, Donna and Frank! Good to hear from you. I hope you enjoy that 3295RK as much as we do ours. Did you get the early or late '03? The early '03, like ours, has two steps from downstairs to bath area and another step from bath to bed area. The late '03 has a number of improvements suggested in this forum and can be identified by having three steps from living to bath area and a flat floor between bath and bed areas. In any case, they're both terrific and we hope you get many years of enjoyment from it.
Thanks it is an early one july 02 date on fed tag...
gooseneck works fine just a little jerkey were going to get the hitch braced up with a frame kit to see if that takes care of it will let all know...
were headed out this weekend for our first outing so far we love it...
frank
johnsonfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 07:46 AM   #13
Montana_1741
Established Member

M.O.C. #1741
Hello, My husband and I and our 7 year old purchased a 2004 3670RL last December. We pull it with my wifd's F350 diesal four door and have a gooseneck. When we started to have a lot of problems, such as axle, slideout hydraulic and pump, brakes, and more my wife joined and started researching our problems which have been extensive. The only remaining problem is the slideouts sliding out during travels. A third visit to the dealer hopefully will fix the problem. We have put around 13000 miles on our unit this past year as we work as a femily out of it on weekends. We inspect and repair docklevelers, commercial rollup doors, compactors and balers for two major chains in IL, MO, AK, KY, TN, OH, IN, TN and some in MS. We liked the floor plan which gives pleanty of room for a little boy to sword fight and have a train track or just bounce around. We are in our late 40's and have 5 other children all grown and married off thank goodness. The remaining one is spoiled needless to say. We have pulled our unit all through Chicago, which has 35 stores of one chain, and many of the other, with many a wondereous look, and other cities such as Memphis, Columbus, Toledo, and our favorite Nashville not to mention many others. If a semi can make it to the loading dock so can we. It is wonderful to work as a family and we see so much. We see a lot of Monatnas. We love our gooseneck and have had no problems with it. The truck is my wife's and she likes the full use of the back bed. I have a 24/7 repair service that takes my time when we are not on the road in the Montana. Repairing Big Trucks on the road, forklifts and farm equipment, and repairing semi's red tagged at the DOT scales. This line of work keeps me very busy. My wife pulls the unit as well as myself although she has not the experience to backin but is learning. We see a lot of your out there. We hope that Montana addresses the problems it has and uses better material providers so the quality will improve in some areas.
Montana_1741 is offline   Reply With Quote