Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2010, 07:06 AM   #21
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ARJ

Be darn sure full timing is right for you. We just got back from a couple of months touring and were very glad to get home. Of course, we live in a place that we are both quite happy with - can make a difference!

If you can swing it, try taking an extended trip (2 - 4 months) to see how it goes before you sell everything.

Just my $.02 worth.
I agree....and a well spent $.02.

Make sure you know your objectives first. Don't have expectations that can't be met. Most people think full timers travel all the time, not true. We have been on the road now for 4 years, and most of the time, we stop for at least 2 weeks....it has taken us a while to figure out our own lifestyle.

Full timing requires you to give up some stuff, and reap the benefits of losing some stuff....like mowing the lawn, paying for utilities,.....you have to make the lifestyle work for your own needs, there are so many different lifestyles!

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:54 AM   #22
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by simonsrf

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ARJ

Be darn sure full timing is right for you. We just got back from a couple of months touring and were very glad to get home. Of course, we live in a place that we are both quite happy with - can make a difference!

If you can swing it, try taking an extended trip (2 - 4 months) to see how it goes before you sell everything.

Just my $.02 worth.
I agree....and a well spent $.02.

Make sure you know your objectives first. Don't have expectations that can't be met. Most people think full timers travel all the time, not true. We have been on the road now for 4 years, and most of the time, we stop for at least 2 weeks....it has taken us a while to figure out our own lifestyle.

Full timing requires you to give up some stuff, and reap the benefits of losing some stuff....like mowing the lawn, paying for utilities,.....you have to make the lifestyle work for your own needs, there are so many different lifestyles!
I agree with both of these folks. You must define your travel goals, for example, we are 3 ˝ years into a 5 year plan which included seeing as much of our country as possible. We are still working on that, but, admittedly, slowing down. We will be spending six months at one park in Casa Grande, AZ this winter. We find we like the RV Resort lifestyle and might end up putting our Montana on a permanent site somewhere until it wears out then purchasing a Park Model somewhere. Going full time after living together for 40 years is a BIG decision which included getting rid of a bunch (mostly all), STUFF that we had obtained over a lifetime. Many folks can’t do that. My wife has been my “Best Friend” also so being close is not a problem. We both get our “away” time when needed. I must admit I miss the smell of freshly cut grass, BUT, I don’t miss having to be the one cutting it. The best advice I could give is to Take your time and enjoy the lifestyle.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:19 AM   #23
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Hey Phil,

You still carrying those his and hers matching bowling balls?
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #24
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by simonsrf

Hey Phil,

You still carrying those his and hers matching bowling balls?
?????????????????????????????????????
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote