Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2010, 06:49 AM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Dignity Memorial Vietnam Wall

Since we were discussing Rolling Thunder and Run For The Wall, I wanted to post another item. You don't have to read my follow on comment, but here is the link to:

Dignity Memorial Vietnam Wall

I believe there are 4 moving walls, but I can only remember the make up of three, one of wood, one of metal, and one of faux-granite. I don't believe that the wooden one travels anymore. I have seen the Dignity Memorial twice, and the metal wall once. Personally, Dignity Memorial Vietnam Wall is by far the nicer, and it is always, always set up in a very nice setting. There is nothing that can take the place of the Vietnam Memorial Wall in Washington DC, but Dignity Memorial sure comes very close in their replica. It is 3/4 scale, and if I remember correctly it is 240 feet long and 8 feet high. You can actually get a "rubbing" of a name, unlike the metal wall that is difficult to rub a name.

The link I posted will give you a link to a schedule. If you are ever in the vicinity of a Dignity Memorial Vietnam Wall, you would really appreciate what they are doing.

Semper Fi!

You can search on other "moving wall" sites.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote