Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
"Well Dog-Gone It..."

This has been one week for problems but I’m not letting them get me down and I’m not superstitious but I’ve heard that things sometimes come in three’s.

I posted the other day about the wind taking shingles off of our roof on the stick house. Well a day or two later the drain from our kitchen sink got plugged up as a result of over using the garbage disposal too fast. I have yet to get that cleared up due to my schedule. Our house is on a concrete slab and the plug is somewhere after it goes into the wall and underneath the floor or foundation going out underneath a concrete enclosed porch and then into the sewer line.

Now on Saturday I got into my truck after a 12 hour work day and it wouldn’t start, nothing not-a, nada, naught, zilch, it would crank over but it simply wouldn’t fire. Now, today while at work I had it towed to my most familiar Ford dealership. I should find out tomorrow what is wrong with it. The last time this happened was in May and it was a cam sensor then. I do hope it isn’t anything major.

Other than that I’ve had a pretty good week!

Old 12-13-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I had a problem like what you describe with another Ford I owned. When that happened I check the emergency fuel shutoff below the passenger's side panel under the glove box. It has been known to arbitrarily activate. Press the reset switch (on top of the shutoff) and it'll reset. I hope you are that lucky.

I'd be glad to help you clear the garbage disposal, but I might be too far to be effective.

Sorry to hear of your woes. Hang in there and keep venting. Hopefully it helps to get you on the other side of the problem.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:05 PM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Get all that nasty luck over and done with. Onward to the better luck.

Good luck with those repairs.

Love the attitude.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:27 AM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Well, on the good side, you have reached your limit of "three."

A roofer for the roof.
A mechanic for the truck

AND a plumber for the plumbing. It will be worth the 70 dollars.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:11 AM   #5
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

UPDATE:

The roof: My son and I got on the roof and made the repairs the day after I noticed the leak.

Plugged drain: I called a plumber the other day and as it turned out they were in between jobs and was there in about a half an hour. They got it fixed and placed my plumbing line back together in about an hour. Total cost for that was $60.00, not bad IMO.

Truck repairs: I wasn’t quite as lucky on this one. The same cam sensor which was bad in “May” was bad again along with an ICP switch which they said was broke. I had placed more than 12,000 miles on it since the last fix so their 12,000 MI/1 year warrantee was no good to help with the cam switch. By the time they ad things up including environmental fees it was $361.93. It could have been a lot worse, I consider thing like this normal maintenance.

Towing: I almost forgot about this… I had to have the truck towed about 50 some miles. Good Sam’s ERS will only cover the cost to the nearest qualified facility. I had an overcharge on towing for $104.86 I don’t know the cost the ERS paid for the basic towing cost but they approved it up to about 25 miles.

Things appear to be back to normal for now.
"WOW" now it's time for an "oil change."

Bill-N-Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #6
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Sorry, but a cam sensor should not be normal maintenance. If your truck's first cam sensor was replaced under warranty, I would write a letter to the manufacturer explaining the circumstances. If it wasn't done under the warranty, I would first contact the owner of the repair facility, and if I got no where with him/her I would then contact the manufacturer. Be polite but firm. The most it will cost you is stamp or two, and you stand a very good chance of getting all or some of your money back. Trust me, I have done this in the past with good results.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote