Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Medic
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2007, 01:37 AM   #21
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thank you all for your interest, and good wishes. I am feeling better now, will continue to be stubborn, watch my diet and hope it goes away. Probably not a smart move, but I Yam what I yam....I imagine if I have many more episodes, I will reconsider.
You are a great group of friends, it's too bad we all can't live in some dreamland place, with perfect health and perfect weather together.
See you on the road!
Ozz

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:27 AM   #22
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Hey Man giter out-- if one of those little stones get into a duct somewhere in there it going to be like trying to clean up a ref or A/C system after a drier comes apart and lets all that dessicant go into the system. After its out, you can eat, and drinkmore, been there- done that, sure glad I did. Get to feeling better!!
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:39 AM   #23
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Ha ha, thanks ole dude, good comparison there!
Old 08-09-2007, 01:51 PM   #24
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Ozz, have the damn thing taken out you don't need it anyway. Laproscopic surgery, three minor incisions you will be out in three hours or less. When you get home after a couple of days you will have to let Sue lock the fridge cause you'll eat everthing in sight. Had mine done a few years back, no problems since.
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:17 PM   #25
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Absolutely nothing to it....just had mine removed. I went home same day I had the surgery. Only natural to be somewhat apprehensive about surgery but there is nothing to it. Go for it!

Weldon
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:21 AM   #26
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Roy had his out several years ago. He was stubborn during an attack and I finally had to drag him to the ER. Good thing, as his gallbladder was gangrenous. He was up and about 2 days after laparoscopic procedure. The only thing that can occur after cholecystectomy is some diarrhea over the years but it is easy to fix compared to a gallbladder attack and a lot less painful.

As for the new procedure through the mouth, I have not yet heard anything about that through my medical transcription. I will be interested to hear more about it.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:00 AM   #27
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
DW had hers out in Harlingen two years ago...emergency surgery...get it out or die(if it bursts you are in a world of trouble)...the insurance company wanted her to fly home to have it done....Dr. wouldnt release her from Hospital..I heard him say to the Ins CO..(if it burst and she dies who do we send the lawyers after)...she is fine..its not a hard surgery at alll..two slits in tummy ..all done...better to be safe and have it done under your rules and not fates...
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:09 AM   #28
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
Had mine out in '02 - day surgery - no problem eating anything!

Suzanne
refocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:22 AM   #29
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
It's funny, ever since that night, I have been good to go. We eat Mexican and other mildly spicy foods also. I just don't eat much Chocolate, that seems to set it off. Never did eat much Chocolate anyway.
Yes, I am hoping to leave this world with all my 'parts'.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:24 AM   #30
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Ozz,

You thinking you might need those parts when you leave this world?

My hope is that you don't have another attack before you get it taken out!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote