Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2023, 02:34 PM   #21
Ken65
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7569
Quartzsite

We plan on being there either the 12 or 13. However we had an accident a couple of weeks ago and totaled our truck. Pat and I are fine. Banged up no serious injuries. I have been looking for a new truck but there doesn’t seem to be any around. So we will be there is we find a truck. Ken

Old 08-26-2023, 10:02 AM   #22
Robokatz
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28338
Name: Neil Katz and Gail Robillard
Arrival date: 1/15/24 or so
Departure date: 1/23/24 or so
First Quartzsite rally: Yes! Any recommendations for 30-50 gallon water bladder? And tips for getting water into the rig?
Inside the circle: YES please

MOC 28338.
Old 08-26-2023, 11:12 AM   #23
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robokatz View Post
First Quartzsite rally: Yes! Any recommendations for 30-50 gallon water bladder? And tips for getting water into the rig?
Many of us use a 45 gal. bladder from (ugh) Camping World. Combine that with a 12V water pump from Harbor Freight and a couple of short hoses, and you are good to go. I am pretty sure the 2016 still has the external water fill port so it is easy to add water to the rig.
You don't have to buy this stuff just for Q. There are a bunch of us with them and we share them with others all the time.

Old 08-26-2023, 12:50 PM   #24
Djgrimaldi
Established Member

M.O.C. #30913
Question To Dump or Not to Dump

Newbie Dumping questions:
1 - Is there a Honey Pot service that comes around?
2 - Do most folks using a poop tote (leave it in the truck bed) and hook it up to a macerator pump to fill and then drive into town to dump?
3 - What's the best way you have found to dump your tanks while at Quartzsite?
Old 08-26-2023, 02:22 PM   #25
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Djgrimaldi: BLM Regulations prohibit dumping anything, including grey water, on the Quartzsite BLM land.

There are companies which provide pumping services. As the permit rules have tightened, the number has gone down and the cost has increased. I believe there has been one company for the last two years. I heard they charge about $50 to dump your black and grey tanks.

Given you have two grey tanks at around 40 gals. and a black tank of 40+ gals., it would require numerous tote trips to town to dump. Most find it easier to just tow the rig to town, dump and return. Or pay the pumper service. It all depends on your habits, but many boondockers can go up to two weeks before having to dump.

Old 08-26-2023, 06:45 PM   #26
Robokatz
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28338
Hi Carl, thanks for the info, although not sure why you referenced a 2016 rig? We have a 2022, but I can fill the fresh water tank using the overflow vent at the rear, and of course have a direct fill connection in water bay that accepts a standard hose thread (we use the white camco hose).

So are you saying that people with bladders “share” them so to speak with newbies to boondocking (like us)? That is really going above and beyond in my book, and would definitely save us for having to invest in something we may or may not use much (although I hope we will love boondocking).

Are the roads in/out decent? What are typical days spent doing? Is there adequate time to explore the big Q show during the MOC dates or should we plan on staying extra days? Any info for us 1st timers helpful..

Finally, do you know why my signature block with truck/RV info does not show up in my posts?

Thanks
Old 08-26-2023, 09:48 PM   #27
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Robokatz:

I have no idea where the 2016 came from. Brain fart I guess. The normal water fill works fine instead of futzing with the overflow cap.

Quote:
..So are you saying that people with bladders “share” them...
Yes we do. There are at least five of us that I know who loan them. No sense spending your $$ for something you may only do once (or twice or ??).

Quote:
Are the roads in/out decent? What are typical days spent doing? Is there adequate time to explore the big Q show during the MOC dates or should we plan on staying extra days? Any info for us 1st timers helpful.
The roads are fine, You will be surprised how smooth and solid the desert is once you turn off the pavement. I haven't seen an agenda yet, but typically there are a few organized activities. There is ample time allotted to explore the area and the numerous vendor booths in town. Plus plenty of time to see the "Big Show" As for "extra" days, it is up to you. Many of us stay for a couple of weeks and are not bored. I once met a member in El Centro and convinced them to join us in Q. They had never boondocked but agreed to come for three days (there might have been alcohol involved). They stayed three weeks and only left due to another commitment.

Quote:
Finally, do you know why my signature block with truck/RV info does not show up in my posts?
I don't think I can see your signature source to determine what is wrong. Let me look about and get back to you.
I did look and it looks like your signature is set up correctly and enabled. I suspect the "Show My Signature" block on the Reply form is not checked? See below.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Show Signature Check Box.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	15333

Old 08-27-2023, 09:55 AM   #28
Robokatz
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28338
Good morning Carl, and thanks for the info in your reply, we sure think we will like boondocking but this will be the perfect way to find out surrounded by fellow experienced members just in case, and sound like I can hold off on buying a bladder and pump for now (thanks to you and MOC) and we will gladly trade alcohol for water, just let me know your drink of choice!

As for the signature block, I DO have the show signature box checked, so must be something else.
Old 08-27-2023, 10:08 AM   #29
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Carl,

We are looking to park next you you to share your power and water connections.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
Old 08-27-2023, 11:06 AM   #30
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robokatz View Post
sound like I can hold off on buying a bladder and pump for now (thanks to you and MOC) and we will gladly trade alcohol for water, just let me know your drink of choice!
You might be better off buying a bladder & pump Just kidding, most of us will share. Usually when I go fill my water bladder, my RV can't take it all so we pump it into other RV's.
Old 08-27-2023, 11:04 PM   #31
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Traveler View Post
Carl,

We are looking to park next you you to share your power and water connections.
The reason we always come early is to snag those few power/water connections left over from the days of Gen. Patton and his tank testing out there.

Old 08-29-2023, 10:20 AM   #32
popeye2002

M.O.C. #9739
May we Join You?

Scott & Kim Brown
arriving 1/17/2024
departing 1/22/2024
Fist Quartzsite Rally: YES!!
Prefer inside the circle

Old 08-29-2023, 10:33 AM   #33
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye2002 View Post
Scott & Kim Brown
arriving 1/17/2024
departing 1/22/2024
Fist Quartzsite Rally: YES!!
Prefer inside the circle
Yes, have you on the roster. Look forward to meeting you.

Roster link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=481714730
Old 08-31-2023, 08:47 AM   #34
ColoradoKampers
Established Member

M.O.C. #23213
We'd like to park next to Zack, so we can share his electric/water connections that he's sharing from Carl Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Name: Randy Hummel & Lonie Goutermont
Arrival Date: 1/18/24 or so
Departure Date: 1/23/24 or so
First Quartzsite Rally: No
Do you want to be inside or outside the circle? Inside
Days in the RV - 2020:181; 2021:167; 2022:161; 2023:173
Old 08-31-2023, 10:12 AM   #35
popeye2002

M.O.C. #9739
Wireless Shorepower for sale

We will be bringing our Huge Honda 2000 Generator and are more than willing to provide wireless shorepower. Pure and Clean 0Amps and 0Volts to worry about. Price is negotiable but Honey bucket and Water Buffalo services are preferred. This will be our first Boondock and it could very well be our last if Momma can't have a hot shower every day. or If the pooper gets overfull.
Excited to Attend, See You Soon!

Old 08-31-2023, 10:54 AM   #36
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye2002 View Post
We will be bringing our Huge Honda 2000 Generator and are more than willing to provide wireless shorepower. Pure and Clean 0Amps and 0Volts to worry about. Price is negotiable but Honey bucket and Water Buffalo services are preferred. This will be our first Boondock and it could very well be our last if Momma can't have a hot shower every day. or If the pooper gets overfull.
Excited to Attend, See You Soon!
You'll be fine.
Old 08-31-2023, 03:28 PM   #37
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
Name: Rich Beavers/Bev Santillan
Arrival Date: ?
Departure Date: ?
First Quartzsite Rally: No
Old 09-11-2023, 03:23 PM   #38
Doug&Pat

M.O.C. #24021
2024 Quartzite Rally registration

Registration info for Quartzite rally:

Name: Doug and Pat Druckenmiller
Arrival date: 1/16/24
Rig: 2019 34' High country
Departure date: 1/24/24
First Quartzsite rally: Nope! Attended in 2020
Inside the circle: YES please

We have a 35 gallon water tank in the back of the truck. Easy fill in Quartzite. In 2020 a sevice came out and pumped tanks out. We are good on black water for 2 wks. We use an extra pump to pump water fom the water tank into the rig. We have a 600 watt solar system which met 90% of our daily need. Still, cloudy days and low sun means we topped off the batteries with a few hours of generator time. Our panels tilt so best for us if we can orient east to west for that direct solar exposure on the south side.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/obyG5WsdWDssjWXZ9

See you there,
Dou and Pat
2018 Ram 3500 Cummins mega cab long bed
Old 09-14-2023, 09:04 AM   #39
Bndn88
Established Member

M.O.C. #25710
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz View Post
  • Name:
  • Arrival Date:
  • Departure Date:
  • First Quartzsite Rally: Yes or No
  • Do you want to be inside or outside the circle?

Link to Registration Status: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=481714730

Wagonmasters
Scott Zenonian & Bob Rohrmann

Dates
January 16-23, 2024
Official start date is Tuesday January 16. Departure date is Tuesday January 23th. However, BLM allows you to stay 14 days, so come early, stay later, whatever you want to do.

Schedule
TBA, but this is desert camping & relaxing; don't expect a busy schedule!
The huge Quartzsite RV Show runs January 20-28. https://www.quartzsitervshow.com/

Quartzsite, AZ (near AZ/CA state line on Interstate 10); camping on Plomosa Road.

The camping on Plomosa Road is on BLM land and is in the "NO FEE" area which means it is absolutely free!!! There is a 14 day stay limit in the no fee area where we will be camped (14 nights out on the 15th day) so plan accordingly. You will need to sign in with the BLM volunteer at the entrance to Plomosa Rd. and get your 14-day sticker. If you have questions or concerns about camping on the BLM land, please do not contact the BLM Office or the rangers directly as this has caused problems for our group in the past. Instead, try to find the information on line or PM us and we will do our best to get the answer for you.

The camping in the Plomosa Rd. area is "Dry Camping", but please do not let that discourage you from attending if you haven't dry camped before. This is just another aspect of the RVing experience and there is plenty of expertise that can be tapped into from your fellow MOC Members and with all the great people, you will not even miss any of the amenities.

Directions to our site
We anticipate having the same site as last year.

Plomosa Road (AZ-95 mile marker 114) is about 6 miles NORTH of the intersection of Mainstreet and AZ-95 in Quartzsite. Westbound I-10 exit 19, eastbound I-10 exit 17, then proceed on Mainstreet (northside of I-10) to AZ-95, turn north, proceed 6 miles to Plomosa Road. Southbound AZ-95 (from Parker), turn east on Plomosa Rd 6 miles before you get to Quartzsite. Northbound AZ-95 (from Yuma), proceed 6 miles past Quartzsite to Plomosa Road.

Drive 2.8 miles east on Plomosa Road, turn LEFT at Montana Sign onto BLM land.

Turn LEFT again in about 75 yards (there will be a 2nd sign).....look for lots of Montana's and flags....about 1/4 mile WEST.

WEATHER
The weather at this time of year is relatively mild with daytime temperatures hovering around 70 and nighttime temperatures dropping into the 50's-40's.

QUIET HOURS
To respect our group and those around us, we will observe Quiet Hours" between 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. daily.

OTHER INFORMATION
There are no electric hookups: QUIET generators or solar are required for power. We have had issues with loud generators in the past, so for the peace of all, please do not use a contractor type or any open frame generator. If you have a loud generator, you will be asked to set up residence outside of the circle...period.

There is cell phone service and internet access via your phone (slow due to number of users) or Starlink.

There is no cable TV. Satellite reception is great because of the lack of trees. Not much "over- the- air" TV.

GARBAGE
Garbage is to be taken to the waste transfer station on Hwy. 95 between Plomosa Rd. and Quartzsite (Sunday-Wednesday, 7:30 AM – 1:00 PM, Closed Thursday, Friday, Saturday). Waste Management does not make calls to the desert. Some of our good-hearted souls will pull their truck in the center circle for a dump run. If you are going to Quartzsite or to the transfer station, please volunteer to take some trash and save on trips. If you are placing trash in someone else's truck, make sure bag is properly sealed and not leaking.

WATER SEWER PROPANE
When you arrive at the Circle, you should have full fresh water & propane tanks, and empty black & gray tanks.

This is dry camping; no water, electric or sewer hook-ups.

Water, propane and dump stations are located in town at “RV Relief”, “The Pit Stop” and others.

Several of us have 40-gallon water bladders and 12-volt pumps to get water from town. Cost of filling the bladder is $5-$10 at “RV Relief” or “The Pit Stop”.

Most of us can last the week without dumping.

We will also need firewood, and lots of it, for our nightly visits around the camp fire. Previously we have been able to purchase firewood locally and will plan to do the same this year.

We will be asking for a $20 donation when you arrive to help pay for the wood and various office and printing expenditures.

Area Rules
This is dispersed camping on BLM land. Check in with the BLM host just off Hwy 95 to get your FREE permit; there is a 14-day camping limit.

Rules will be on your permit, not many but we need to follow them:
  • No dumping os sewage (go to town)
  • No dumping trash
  • Do not destroy vegetation
  • Do not tear up the desert with vihicles; tread lightly, stay on trails/roads
Name: Beate & David Powell
Arrival Date: 14 January 2024
Departure Date: 21 January 2024
First Quartzsite Rally: Yes or No NO
Old 09-18-2023, 05:50 AM   #40
Kcuddeback
Established Member

M.O.C. #26685
name: Pam & Ken Cuddeback
Arrive: 16
Depart: 24ish