Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2005, 12:21 PM   #41
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Asked about the Class C Endorsement for 10,000 - 15,000 lb. GVWR towing at my local DMV office today and was given conflicting information from what the most current handbook states on the subject.

Clerk says $25 fee, handbook says no fee unless license expires within 6 months.
Clerk says fill out health questionnaire, handbook says not required.
A written law test for a noncommercial Class A license based on information in the handbook is required and you must also pass the Class C law test unless you qualified for a Class C license within the past 12 months.

The application I was given is for a drivers license or ID card and doesn't mention anything about this particular endorsement.

Guess I'll have more questions for them!

Don

Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 03:22 PM   #42
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Hi Don,
I had exactly the same experience as did JPF. The folks in the office did NOT know what to do. The correct procedure is what Jerry described. No health certificate required. No fee unless you're close to renewing your class C. At the time I didn't know what number the endorsement was. Knowing that should speed up the process. They did not have the proper test on hand but they have a book they can copy it from. It was funny watching them go thru something that is just a little different from their normal routine. At one time they were actually huddled together like in football! But with some persistence it worked out. In fact they were so wrapped up in the process that they forgot to have me take the regular class C test..... I just ended up taking the endorsement part.... Very basic.... Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote